PDA

View Full Version : How do i tell if its my heater that doesnt work?

myaccord7
10-19-2003, 09:23 PM
i havent had any heat for a year. it stoped working on the way home fROM A SHOW. i had a hole in my radiator and when i got home a put in my new radiator but still not heat. is it my heater thats broken or something else? thanks

zach:stick:

TJ89Accord
10-19-2003, 10:07 PM
heater core? Thats what most peoples problem is that I have seen.

chriskatana
10-20-2003, 05:28 AM
could be air in your cooling system, flush it.

Mac
10-20-2003, 06:57 AM
Make sure that your water valve is opening when heater control is slid to warmer position.

POS carb
10-20-2003, 07:29 AM
it's 1 of 3 things, either the core is plugged up, the hoses aren't connected right, or the cable actuators that open the water valve and flip the little doors inside the a/c and heater boxes aren't connected.
Also if you have one of the ones with a lever on the middle air vents it could be set to the blue arrow, put it to the white arrow (you would be getting heat on the floor at least if this is the problem)

myaccord7
10-20-2003, 10:16 AM
what is the water valve?

zach

MrBen
10-20-2003, 12:08 PM
FYI, I hope it isn't the heater core.... it is not cheap.

Mac
10-20-2003, 01:28 PM
The water valve is a valve that opens to let water to the heater core for heat, and closes to stop water to the heater core for a/c.

To find it look under the hood back at the fire wall. Right about center you will see 2 heater hoses. They go to the heater core. About 6 to 8 inches from the fire wall 1 of the hoses will have a valve in it. This is the water valve.

You will see a cable attached to it. This cable should move to open and close the valve as you slide the temp cont from cool to warm.

If it doesn't you can manually open the valve to get heat until you can change the cable. Hope this helps.

myaccord7
10-20-2003, 09:36 PM
thanks a lot, i love this website. btw, i had parts car and i took out all the boxes under the dash, so if i need it, i have it. thanks again.

zach