PDA

View Full Version : OEM style CF Hoods!!

89LXIGUY
10-20-2003, 05:46 AM
Check it out guys, CF hoods for our 3gs in the new honda tuning mag.:super: They're on pg 49 from garage-r for only $295, but the site says they don't have ne CF hoods period.:wtf: Damn bastards!

HostileJava
10-20-2003, 06:03 AM
If anyone has that, could they scan it and post it?

crwa
10-21-2003, 02:06 PM
There's like three places to get them now... The ebay guy and two places from the magazines... But none of them say how much it is to ship the hoods... but I want to see one first, and make sure its a nice quality cf and if it has a warrenty, so if its starts to fade or do something weird they'll take care of it.

MoonScryer
10-22-2003, 01:55 PM
The CF hoods are made by the guy on Ebay, I think. $400 shipped. I would just buy it direct from him. User ID is princeofauction

As to quality. They are not the greatest. The "carbonfiber" looks like two layers sandwiched in between gel coats. The underside and support system is fiberglass. The top and bottom look to be bonded w/ silicon globs in some place, but I'm unsure. When you rap on it, you can hear the hollowness of it, as compared to say a VIS hood or something.

For $400 to your door, it's worth it if you want weight reduction. I may paint mine if I can't keep it looking good. I haven't installed hood pins yet as I'm looking for something less "ricey" to hold it down, like the body clips NHRA drag cars use. If you can't be happy with that fact that you actually have a cf hood for a car no one ever makes things for, I wouldn't buy it.

kicker1_solo
10-22-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by MoonScryer
. I haven't installed hood pins yet as I'm looking for something less "ricey" to hold it down, like the body clips NHRA drag cars use. you can't latch it?

NXRacer
10-22-2003, 02:15 PM
They make locking hood 'pins' that are a little better looking then pins (not to mention more secure).

guaynabo89
10-23-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by MoonScryer
The CF hoods are made by the guy on Ebay, I think. $400 shipped. I would just buy it direct from him. User ID is princeofauction

As to quality. They are not the greatest. The "carbonfiber" looks like two layers sandwiched in between gel coats. The underside and support system is fiberglass. The top and bottom look to be bonded w/ silicon globs in some place, but I'm unsure. When you rap on it, you can hear the hollowness of it, as compared to say a VIS hood or something.

For $400 to your door, it's worth it if you want weight reduction. I may paint mine if I can't keep it looking good. I haven't installed hood pins yet as I'm looking for something less "ricey" to hold it down, like the body clips NHRA drag cars use. If you can't be happy with that fact that you actually have a cf hood for a car no one ever makes things for, I wouldn't buy it.

The quality I would rate as average cause trust me I've seen alot worse as far as fit an finish.

I spent alot of time on the undrside alone to get it to look perfect, but yeah for 400 for something noone tinks is made for this car its worth it.

Moonscryer you have your hood on?

Why haven' you posted any pics?:D

3rd GEN
10-23-2003, 11:42 AM
i want a cf hood

Rao-o88
10-23-2003, 12:04 PM
there is a shop in roseburg, oregon house of kustom they make cf for anything

Justin86
10-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Rao-o88
there is a shop in roseburg, oregon house of kustom they make cf for anything So I could get my CF hood, trunk, fenders, dash, and what ever else come to mind. How good is there work. I would like to see some of there stuff.

Justin86
10-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 89LXIGUY
Check it out guys, CF hoods for our 3gs in the new honda tuning mag.:super: They're on pg 49 from garage-r for only $295, but the site says they don't have ne CF hoods period.:wtf: Damn bastards!
Yea I saw that too. Need to give them a call to see if they actually make them or not.

Hey Rao-o88 were is this Oregon House of Kustom. I have never heard of this place in Roseburg.

Project-LXi
10-24-2003, 12:49 PM
I ordered mine from princeofauction thats his ebay name. Should arrive in a few weeks. the total w/ ca sales tax and shipping comes to 419.00 USD. So far the transaction has gone great, excellent communication. Here is a link to where you can see them:
CF Hoods on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2426805157&category=33646)