PDA

View Full Version : Tracing the PA (Atmospheric pressure) sensor

thegreatdane
10-20-2003, 11:09 AM
My '86 EXi has been converted from Carb to FI, but my PA sensor seems to be missing. The PGM-FI light is not on, but the ECU shows the error code 13 (PA sensor) and the engine seems to be running fine. But I want to fix it anyway. I have looked under the fan house in the front passengers side but theres no sensor and I havent found the 3 wire plug either. I have looked in the back behind the backseat side things in both sides - no sensor or 3 wire plug... So my question is, where can I trace the 3 wires from? (besides from the ECU)

k-roy
10-20-2003, 11:30 AM
On North American left hand drive models that sensor is located to the right of the glove box. I would remove the glove box to get a better look first. You might have to pull out the entire dash to find the wire harness. Good luck.

thegreatdane
10-20-2003, 12:31 PM
You mean inside the glove box room? (not IN the glovebox...) It would be an ass to pull the dash :(

k-roy
10-20-2003, 12:39 PM
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/glovebox.JPG
Yea, its not in the glovebox itself. If you remove it you can see under the dash better.

thegreatdane
10-21-2003, 12:35 AM
Okay i'll take a look when I get home today. I noticed that a plug went up there but i think it had about 6 wires on it. There could be something more up there i guess.

thegreatdane
10-21-2003, 08:00 AM
I took a look inside the glove compartment today, but nothing there... except from a black box that i dont remember what's for. Do you now were the wires for the PA sensor splits from the other wires at? I had the carpet liftet up in the passenger front side to see if it was just laying around down there, but nothing either... :(

k-roy
10-21-2003, 09:11 AM
I have no clue what color the wires are. I have a carbureator. I just knew where the sensor was located because I had to replace it for a freind once.

thegreatdane
10-21-2003, 09:30 AM
I know what colors they are, I just can find them...