PDA

View Full Version : oil is good

cubert
10-20-2003, 02:31 PM
dont let your low oil light come on..its not good for the car..i found that out today...oops.:crying: im driving..and take a corner fast..and all of a sudden i saw it blink on and off real quick...and then did the low rev driving to my house...oops

MrBen
10-20-2003, 02:36 PM
That light isn't telling you that you have low oil. It tells you when you do not have sufficient oil pressure. This can be the culprit of low oil, but is often caused my other factors.

k-roy
10-20-2003, 02:52 PM
Race cars have extra baffles in their oil pans to keep the oil from sloshing around. I wish that there was one for a 3g.

cubert
10-20-2003, 03:25 PM
yea..it was because of low oil..could barely see it on the dipstick...oops

MilTownSHO
10-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 88potacomobilelxi
yea..it was because of low oil..could barely see it on the dipstick...oops

That's not a good thing, burning oil?!:confused:

cubert
10-21-2003, 03:35 PM
nope..no burning..just a really leaky oil pan

danronian
10-24-2003, 05:38 AM
Mine goes from above the top hole on the stick to between the two holes in two weeks. I just check it at least once a week and keep oil in the trunk at all times. Leaking oil seals include the distributer(the stupid Honda dealer didnt installed it a year ago), valve cover, timing cover, oil pan, oil filter, drain plug, breather tube and box.

Vinny
10-24-2003, 05:47 AM
HAHA I love leaking oil threads LOL I am still leaking from somewhere but haven't tracked it down yet. Valve cover and pan gasket have been replaced with honda gaskets. I have the oil filter gasket from honda just haven't changed and I had them order the breather chamber O ring where it goes into the block. Pan's new so no leaks on the drain plug. If it ends up being a crankshaft oil seal on either side, one of the 3 gaskets and seals on the oil pump, or the camshaft oil seal its just going to have to wait until I pull the engine. I hate friggin oil leaks :flip:

it's paid for
10-24-2003, 06:47 AM
My engine is so drenched with oil and dirt . . . anyone see the photos I posted earlier . . . nasty!

But, I'm in the process of fixing it . . . tonight, the wife & I are removing the cylinder head & putting on rings . . . should be fun :rolleyes:

Vinny
10-24-2003, 06:51 AM
I hope you used some gunk engine degreaser or castrol superclean and a hose on that engine before you start on the head project. Its wlways nice to have a semi clean work are and it will make things go alot quicker checking to see if yuo have any leaks when you are done

deadlight
10-24-2003, 04:29 PM
No, this is a fucked up oil leak, my dad's b2200 was going through like 4 qts. every couple of hours of driving, it was night so I left it alone until morning and kept her in the driveway. next morning, look around for the leak, can't find the bastard, put some oil in, let her run for a bit, and the thing was, there were two perfect little pinholes in the oil filter just spraying the shit in two neat little streams of oil.