PDA

View Full Version : idle boost solenoid

seancornelis
10-20-2003, 11:35 PM
Ok here is my situation. My car won't idle. It stalls out, it's been like this almost since I got it. Allegedly it is a problem related to the choke but i don't have the time or desire to diagnose it properly since I have recently purchased a Prelude ES1 head with dual carbs which I plan on swapping on eventually.

In the meantime, I've been keeping the car from dying by keeping the A/C on constantly (which raises the idle). This is now causing a problem not only because of the shit gas mileage and decreased power, but also because the A/C is nearly out of freon and cuts out frequently, thus letting the idle drop and the car die.

My solution to this is to take the lead going to the control unit off the A/C and connect it to a 12vdc lead which should in theory activate the idle boost solenoid constantly. The question is pretty much just will this work without destroying anything else and what wire goes to the control box from the A/C ?? Thanks.

DanG86LX
10-21-2003, 06:28 PM
R (red)
Control box has 2 connectors plugged into it and each one have a R wire. The R from A/C idle boost goes into top inner corner of one connector.

DanG86LX
10-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Sorry, just notice u have a 2g. My previous post is from a 3g diagram.

seancornelis
10-21-2003, 09:58 PM
They're pretty much the same carb, so it's probably similar if not exactly the same, thanks!

DanG86LX
10-22-2003, 08:31 PM
No they are not. Even my 86 is different, more likely like 2g, the control box has only one connector (KQ, KX model). Download Paul's manual, section 11.