PDA

View Full Version : Broke Fuel Filler Neck?

X-Lr8
10-21-2003, 10:08 AM
i was gettin gas this morning and i noticed that it only took 3 gallons of gas. and my tank was empty when i got to the station. when i removed the gas nozzle tons of gas vapor came out it felt like a fan literally blowing at me from the gas tank. i have had this happen b4 like when i open the cap to start filling. but this was different it happened after i started filling up the tank. so i put the nozzle back in and it took another 3-4 gallons and the same thing happened. it has done this at several different gas stations so im pretty sure its a fault with my car. any ideas? 88 accord LX-i

HostileJava
10-21-2003, 10:11 AM
I can only stick the nozzle about halfway into my filler neck, otherwise the same thing happens to me. I think some of them are just to sensitive to back pressure.

87accordlxi
10-21-2003, 10:17 AM
The Tempo does the same thing. When I'm filling it up, I have to go very slow or else the gas will back up somewhere in the neck and trigger the shut-off in the handle. Kind of strange, and I can't figure out what would cause the fuel to keep backing up so quickly.

X-Lr8
10-21-2003, 11:58 AM
thanks for the replys.