PDA

View Full Version : Building a FibreGlass Sub Enclosure : Read Article :

gr3k0sLaV
06-22-2002, 09:58 PM
http://www.hondaprelude.com/resources/article.asp?gen=3&cat=Aftermarket&id=31

POS carb
06-25-2002, 10:41 AM
Spelling "FibreGlass" like an American :Please read: FiberGlass
lol why do we gotta fuck with the spelling and make up our own measurements? :lol

POS carb
06-25-2002, 10:43 AM
that guy's panels must rattle like a bitch!!

89AccordNate
06-26-2002, 10:21 AM
Unless you have an assload of time, and nothing better to do, I wouldnt start on a fiberglass project. Ive done 2. Let me tell you that making the bondo smooth is near to impossible without sanding for 20+ hours on a small project. My crx lip took me 9 hours to sand and complete (4 joints?)...and my garage looked like a dust ball when I was done. My dreamcast stand took me well over that, and I ended up having it covered in vinyl. I dont know how the pros make things so smooth. Bondo is the hardest thing to make perfect like you see on tv or in a magazine. My dreamcast stand is upholstered because bondo blows, and my arm hurt..and my boogers were green from lightweight bondo and fiberglass dust. I didnt wear a mask at any time....oops....haha.

Nate.

89accordlxi
06-26-2002, 11:44 AM
89accordNate, come on man, working with fiberglass and bondo isn't that bad. Don't discourage those that haven't worked with the stuff before. Let them give it a try and find out for themselves. I have done 4 fiberglass projects and 3 of the four turned out great.. The forth one I knew was going to be covered with carpet so I didn't worry about smoothing it out to much.

Are you sanding everything by hand. If so then I can understand your frustrations with the stuff. If you have a palm sander are even better an orbital sander, it makes things so much easier.

I do agree that it makes one heck of a mess, and you should always were a dust mask when working with that stuff.

So for those of you who haven't used this stuff before, go out and give it a try. With enough imagination and time, you can make just about anything with fiberglass and bondo.

Peace out....

gr3k0sLaV
06-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by POS carb
Spelling "FibreGlass" like an American :Please read: FiberGlass
lol why do we gotta fuck with the spelling and make up our own measurements? :lol

You dicks drive on the wrong side of the road!
:flipa:

Lockey
06-26-2002, 09:06 PM
the wrong side of the car ;) dont forget that hehe

use car bog(filler) on the fiberglass and a power sander :)

oh and injection molded plastic looks good to

POS carb
06-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by gr3k0sLaV

You dicks drive on the wrong side of the road!
:flipa:

I forgot about that one too! :lol
I like the right side of the road!

87pimpsterdocious
06-29-2002, 11:43 PM
I totally repaired my fucked up kaminari front valence (came on car) with a fat chunk out of it using only fiberglass and fiberglass putty. You just have to use an electric sander (I prefer the black and decker mouse) with some low grit paper (I used 60 at first) and then when you're close to even, go to the higher grit. It's really not that hard. Laying fiberglass is the really hard part.

pimp86LX
06-30-2002, 12:11 AM
the poor guy who sits in the back is gunna have hearing problems!