PDA

View Full Version : TPS sensor

damackz
06-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Ok i need to know how to take out the TPS sensor from the TB, I know Yasu told me on the old board but i forgot thanks :pimp:

Jims 86LXI HB
06-22-2002, 10:26 PM
I asked my honda dealer to tell me how much to buy the part, they told me it's built into the throttle body and not a seperate part. Needless to say the throttle body is a very expensive part.

damackz
06-22-2002, 11:18 PM
yep but it can be separated, i just think i should pick up the throttle body then they go for about 60 cdn at tha junkyard............hopefully they finally got one with a good TPS

carotman
06-23-2002, 06:39 AM
sometimes, the TPS only needs adjustment... it's a little dumb to sell it as a whole. Honestly they're just ripping people

guaynabo89
06-23-2002, 08:03 AM
Yeah its built in. If you drill out the rivets holding it on you can take it off. After that you would need to tap the tb and use bolts to hold it on where the stock rivets were.

Hope that helps. If your actually going to do that I would recommend taking it to a machine shop.

YK86
06-23-2002, 12:04 PM
The 86-87 are different. They have plastic caps on them which you take off with pliers or a vise grip. Underneath are some bolts (8mm??) which you can take off. Make sure you check the position of the TPS in relation to the TB housing (there should be a line on both parts). Make sure when you put the new one in, the thing sticking out of the TPS is inside the coil of the TB. You will know what I mean when you take it apart.

L Squared
06-23-2002, 12:33 PM
So, When saw the thread subject I thought "TPS Report" from the movie Office Space. Not that it matters any i just found it ammusing.

-Lē