PDA

View Full Version : What stupid stuff have you broke.

k-roy
10-22-2003, 10:49 AM
I have had several stupid little annoying things break on my car. Mostly easy fixes from the junkyard.

1. "A" pillar trim on the drivers side, my fat head hit it and it cracked.
2. Drivers side door handle, one side broke in the extreme cold.
3. Glove box, Hinge broke and when I replaced it the mount on the box itself broke.
4. RF Corner lamp, the two tiny screws broke off the plastic mount.
5. The trim ring around the top of the shifter boot came loose and sliced the tips of my finges.
6. Stupid clutches, stupid connecting rods breaking.
7. Front bumper will not re-mount correctly
8. Stupid exaughst falling off the week I baught it.
9. Rear hatch center piece, chipped when I baught it.
10. Radio antannae.

Everyone post your lists of stuff breaking.

88accordhatchdx
10-22-2003, 10:52 AM
1. My old CD player, just didn't want to come out of the car so I had to force it out
2. Washer hose for the nozzles, somehow it got cut

ShawnS
10-22-2003, 11:18 AM
i broke the plastic piece that surrounds the opening to the trunk just this morning looking for a socket that i dropped while taking my speaker out.

i do it every time i take my speaker out. you'd think i'd learn.
:stupid:

od2681
10-22-2003, 11:49 AM
broke axles twice.
tranny once

thegreatdane
10-22-2003, 12:32 PM
Ha ha, thank god for super glue :D Yesterday i broke the glove compartment hinge too. Fixed it with a lil' glue :)

it's paid for
10-22-2003, 01:21 PM
everything on mine's already broken before I bought it . . .

. . . I keep tryin tho . . . :)

MoonScryer
10-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Whole Interior trim. A carpet. A shifter knob. One seat. Two seat adjuster levers. One tranny. FOUR sets of front corner lamps <-- I curse Honda for sticking them out so far. Ummm, too many other things.

Vinny
10-22-2003, 01:43 PM
the damn tranny on the day I bought it, POS didn't even make it home:rant:

MrBen
10-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Just about everything on the headlights. Be it accidents, bulb failure, and mostly pure stupidity. I would yell "FUC*!" or "Piece of shi*!" many many times.

shepherd79
10-22-2003, 02:15 PM
you name it, i broke it.

Bloodlust
10-22-2003, 02:32 PM
I tripped over my cupholder right before installing it and broke one of the hinges required to bolt it on tightly. You should have seen the horror on my face. I have broken many of other things but I really cant think of one specific one at the moment.

zchb9
10-22-2003, 02:48 PM
theres a hole teh entire length of the muffler about an inch tall
clock won't work fuse was blown replaced but still doesn't work
carb.
2 back speakers
wiring harness on cd player so duck tape holds the wires together.

johndej
10-22-2003, 04:26 PM
- seat adjustment lever (broke two of them)
- one of the nuts that holds the shocks on to hold the hatch up (they need replacing and i've got the new parts but need to drill the nut out still),
- my friend broke the bottem part of the hood trim off when he opened my hood right after i popped it and his hand slipped off the thing you gotta hold down while you lift it up (since been replaced)
- the thing that extends off the hatch into the interior rattled cause i let it close too hard and my bike hit it (just had to tighten everything back down good)

89AccordHatch
10-22-2003, 07:40 PM
busted both cv joints and that god damn seat recliner lever!

cdscowboy
10-22-2003, 08:28 PM
seat recliner levers (both)
little kicker panel on passenger side...got a new one but color's not quite right
piece that goes over where the rear view mirror mounts
a cd player (not really sure what happened, probably shorted internally due to messing around w/it plugged in :))
headliner in the back sags cause 1. whoever put in my sunroof took out the roof support beam and 2. the retaining clips above the rear window broke when i was messing around with the 'lude moonroof
various nuts and bolts lost
snapped two bolts: one by radiator, not important, the other in between the distributor and valve cover...probably important....:lol

think that's about it

AccordEpicenter
10-23-2003, 04:18 AM
for some odd reason i have no dome light and half of my door lights work... its nor a fuse nor a bulb, i think i might have power wire issues

Fritz the Cat
10-23-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
for some odd reason i have no dome light and half of my door lights work... its nor a fuse nor a bulb, i think i might have power wire issues

I'm betting your problem is the same as I had with one of my doors. The door switch gets rusty or loose and doesn't work anymore. Get a new switch from the wrecker for about a buck and 'let there be light'

POS carb
10-23-2003, 12:00 PM
those damn plastic trim pieces that go from the windows up to the roof, the front bumper clips

Grant2k
10-23-2003, 01:44 PM
i broke my pinch for bolt on the driver's side.
broke one front headlight trim ring, fixed it with wire
one tail light.
blew out my speakers, if that counts.

lightbulblxi
10-23-2003, 07:27 PM
my ribs and my turny thing to put on the blinkers and headlights. o, my friend cracked off my needles!

Neuspeed87lx
10-23-2003, 07:35 PM
my motor ... :(

danronian
10-24-2003, 05:33 AM
My friend stepped on the Honda ventshade I got from the J/y for 5 bucks and it cracked it two. I had it held together with fibercloth and resis until when I was driving on a windy road and the good side came unattached and I got pissed, got out of the car ripped it off and broke it in many more pieces when I was almost late for work on my first day.

Justin86
10-25-2003, 10:36 AM
Blew a piston and rings ones. That it for now.