PDA

View Full Version : discrepancies with the 'cord

'A20A3'
10-22-2003, 12:02 PM
1. the steering wheel is too big and/or it doesn't tilt down enough

what do you all think?

k-roy
10-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Yea, its a bit too big. I can think of other stuff that pisses me off more than that.

cdscowboy
10-22-2003, 12:16 PM
2. The seatbelts in the coupe (hatchie too?) don't retract all the way so people always slam them in the door. Anyone have any recommendations other than warning people?

3. If you don't have CAI or SRI, it's next to impossible to get to the oil filter. Go figure Japanese car:lol

I think that's about it. The steering wheel doesn't bother me.

Cyric_accord
10-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem... but my passenger side seems to work fine while my driver side does it... kinda odd... I like the size of my steering wheel, plenty of room for quick palming :D... Oil filter isn't hard, at least on my coupe... Just fit myself back by the tranny and reach up into the area where it sits

NXRacer
10-22-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by cdscowboy
2. The seatbelts in the coupe (hatchie too?) don't retract all the way so people always slam them in the door. Anyone have any recommendations other than warning people?

that is because the coupe/hatch seatbelts are meant to be unlatched only in an emergency situation. otherwise you just get in while they're latched. I didnt find this out until i too my car to the dealer to find out what was wrong and thats what they told me. its actually a lot easier to not have to unlatch them.

cdscowboy
10-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by NXRacer
that is because the coupe/hatch seatbelts are meant to be unlatched only in an emergency situation. otherwise you just get in while they're latched. I didnt find this out until i too my car to the dealer to find out what was wrong and thats what they told me. its actually a lot easier to not have to unlatch them.

No way!!!! That's nuts!! It like chokes you when you get out....wtf?? Crazy tiny Japanese!! :)

Cyric_accord
10-22-2003, 08:44 PM
actually yeah, i guess that makes sense... both of my dad's Daytona's are 2 dr and he leaves them buckled.... i never understood why... interesting.

BDaccordguy
10-22-2003, 08:53 PM
whoa, thats kind of crazy...leaving the belts buckled that is. i dont have a prob with that cuz im rocking the back two doors but i like the steering wheel too, to me its just the right size. And with the oil filter deal, if u can get ur entire self under the car, its not hard at all, i just manage to spill a bunch of oil on me everytime, but thats the extent of the problem with that.

MrBen
10-22-2003, 08:56 PM
I think the way the dash doesn't have the center console as one piece, going all the way down to the floor bugs me a lot. Even with the tape holder it doesnt look natural.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-22-2003, 09:21 PM
Ya, the steering wheel is huuuge!.. I think I may sacrifice my steering wheel controls and get a momo wheel.

guaynabo89
10-23-2003, 06:40 AM

Get yourself some silicone spray and go to town.

You shouldn't have any problem with them not retracting after that

NXRacer
10-23-2003, 07:10 AM
No way!!!! That's nuts!! It like chokes you when you get out....wtf?? Crazy tiny Japanese!! :)

try it. it doesn't really. When you get in, just grab the bottom belt and slide under it and voila, you're in and buckeld, all in one motion!

pric
10-23-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by 'A20A3'
1. the steering wheel is too big and/or it doesn't tilt down enough

what do you all think?

Doesn't tilt down enough? Are you kidding me it tilt's down to far. IMO it doesn't tilt up enough to get your legs in plus the fact the steering wheel is a little too big.

MrBen
10-23-2003, 12:43 PM
I think the steering wheel is perfect. I have it all the way down.

'A20A3'
10-23-2003, 01:26 PM
i have long legs, but a short torso.(not freakish or anything)

so it just seems that the wheel is too big because it seems to sit high up.

NXRacer
10-23-2003, 01:27 PM
i LOVE the rest of the layout with the 3G, but i do agree that the steering wheel is a big on the large side.

danronian
10-24-2003, 05:30 AM
I would like the steering wheel to tilt down more also. Since I'm used to driving a huge mid 70's car the steering wheel seems small to me.

89accord_lxi_coupe
10-24-2003, 12:57 PM
wait a minute. the hatches and coupes have seatbelts that basically move when you open the door? no, my 89 coupe doesn't do that, it's connected like any other seatbelt in other cars. you have to pull it down and buckle it and reverse to get out. what years was that on?

NXRacer
10-24-2003, 01:52 PM
the coupe and hatchies have seatbelts that are connected to the door as apposed to the door pillar like the sedans.

deadlight
10-24-2003, 04:25 PM
I would like some lumbar support and map lights in my LX, not sure if SE-i's or LX-i's even had this, I just know I wish mine had it.

BMS
10-24-2003, 04:59 PM
The steering wheel is just the right size so that when I get my seat close enough to reach the pedals the wheel is in my lap. If I try to get the seat to just where I want it I can hardly let out the clutch cuz my knee hits the wheel. Too big.

k-roy
10-24-2003, 05:10 PM
I got one, the seat does not go back far enough. I have long legs and have to bend them at all times.

PogiLXI
10-24-2003, 05:37 PM
I like every thing about it really. on the doors on the interior, have that pocket. When I get out, I usualy use my foot to open the door and I wound up cracking\breaking the pocket, looks ghetto now.

G Man89
10-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by deadlight
I would like some lumbar support and map lights in my LX, not sure if SE-i's or LX-i's even had this, I just know I wish mine had it.

My SE-i has lumbar support.

I like the size of my steering wheel, and I like the way the spokes are placed. It feel comfortable to me.

'A20A3'
10-24-2003, 06:16 PM

lx-i's have lumbar too...as for map lights...no idea

lightbulblxi
10-24-2003, 08:38 PM
if you want map lights, just duct tape one of those moveable lights to the ceiling. sure it looks ghetto but some spray paint will fix that. wait no it wont itll just smell. but hell, you got ure map lights dont u???

diegoaccord
10-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Wheel too big??? When I had my 89 CRX DX, I had a 89 Accord wheel installed. The horn buttons hooked right up, but the CRX signal stalks hit the wheel slightly when going to brights, but it was the right choice. The 88-89 Accord wheel is the best wheel Honda has made for the US. I was gonna put one on the 2000 Civic Si had, but I would have had to get any 88-89 Accord wheel I found refinished in leather, and that was a little expensive.

When I had my Accord, the ONLY problems I had with it were:
No complete console that seperates driver and passenger, and the mirrors, the engine power. All problems would have been avoided had I not had a DX.

lightbulblxi
10-24-2003, 11:21 PM
one of theonly probs i had was rust. but that is a given on an car 15 years old

lightbulblxi
10-24-2003, 11:22 PM
o. and my steering wheel is fine when i am sittin in the car, but i always whack my knees on it when i getout. that and the size sucks when tryin to make quik turns. too big.

89AccordHatch
10-25-2003, 08:20 PM
holy crap!! its true about the seat belts!! it never occured to me! Holy Shit! i cant believe i didnt know that!

kelli217
10-28-2003, 12:10 PM
LX-i's have Lumbar support but not map lights. (At least, mine doesn't.)

HostileJava
10-28-2003, 12:16 PM
My LXi-i Hatch doesn't have lumbar support and I don't think my stock SE-i seats have lumbar either. However the coupe now has prelude seats with lumbar and always had lights on the flipdown mirrors/suvisors.

MilTownSHO
10-28-2003, 11:07 PM
The feeling my DX seats have permanent lumbar maxed out, I hate it, feels like something is poking my back, but I'm just spoiled with the SHO seats, I'm sure I'll get used to them...

Dibbs
10-30-2003, 07:13 AM
Yeah, the steering wheel is big, but I like it. I do wish it would tile a bit more.

MIK3
10-30-2003, 03:58 PM
Yeah. The oil filter is a pain in the ass to reach. I found a new discrepency with the accord. For the auto's, the tranny fluid dipstick location. It's damn near impossible to reach with out moving anything.

Leviathant
11-03-2003, 08:29 PM
My parents got an old Benz on the cheap, and the steering wheel, coupled with the turbo deisel engine, makes it feel like you're handling a mack truck. But when you go back to driving another car, you realize that on the big-ass Benz wheel, your arms weren't pointed inwards so much, and it actually feels better.

The Accord wheel doesn't seem so big to me, compared to my new Elantra. It's definitely bigger than my old 89 Colt wheel, but it seems to suit me fine :)

Dustin Imports
11-05-2003, 12:29 PM
wider tires/rims and at least 30 more hp would of been nice.

BETTER SPEAKERS and WIRE

bboipinoy112
11-05-2003, 03:14 PM
to bad the steering wheel isnt telescopical? lol .. like it can go in and out .. but the steering wheel is KINDA big.. not to big.. and i wish i had 88 prelude seats in my car .. and i wish my car was brand new straight outta the factory .. other then that .. telescopical steering wheel..

k-roy
11-05-2003, 03:44 PM
The door handles have a tendency to break when its sub freezing. I broke mine when it was zero degrees out.