PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problems

AccordArizona89
10-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Today i was on my way back to skool from lunch. And as i stopped at a light and it turned green i could not get it into 1st. i pushed the cliutch in a couple more times and it popped in and got to school. as the period ended i had my friend with a Tegy come check it out. It makes the weirdest noise. and as we were checking it out the late bell wrang and i didnt make it to class so i went home. as i was going home it was hard as hell to get the clutch into 4th and 1st.And it was making the gay noise again. i dont have a clue whats wrong but im gunna try to tighten the bolt thing on the clutch wire (or whatever u call it). anyone ever have the problem like this?or do i need a new clutch?:barf:

shepherd79
10-22-2003, 02:17 PM
you pressure plate may be worn out. i had that problem.

k-roy
10-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Sounds like what happened to me. If you replace it do not get an O.E. one.

Vinny
10-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by kroy
Sounds like what happened to me. If you replace it do not get an O.E. one.

Whats wrong with OE??????? PLease this I really want to hear

MrBen
10-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Uhh yeah, OEM is great, what are you talking about? Jared's last over 300,000 miles....

Mac
10-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Yeah what's wrong with OE?

Vinny
10-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Luuuuuuuuuuucyyyyyyyyyyyyyy jou got sum splaining to dooooooooooo

k-roy
10-22-2003, 02:51 PM
There is nothing wrong with an OE clutch. For a few more dollars or even the same amount you can get a centerfoce witch is much better. I had an OE one put in when I had a motor swap. A few weeks later I drove an 88 Civic with a Centerforce and it was much nicer.

Vinny
10-22-2003, 04:30 PM
yes but thats on a civic, not on an accord. I bet you didn't know that the pressure plate on the centerforce for the 3G is basically same same as OE. If in doubt I can have people who have them on their 3G explain it to you.
We,well sean being the exception, don't put out the excessive power that just DEMANDS aftermarket clutches.
Look at the mileage Jared and several other have gotten out of their OE clutches and talk to a few people who have aftermarket on a 3G.
Now I may be wrong but I'm thinking Honda must know a lil about what we need in our cars for a clutch. Call me kookie but its just my grasp at the matter

AccordArizona89
10-22-2003, 04:50 PM
haha alright thanks alot guys

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-22-2003, 05:14 PM
Yea my OEM original clutch lasted 321,000 miles before one of the little damper springs in the clutch disc broke off and jammed the clutch. After it was changed I measured the clutch disc friction surface, and it was still within spec, not even down to the service limit yet. Had it replaced with an aftermarket OE replacement (BIG MISTAKE!!) and 900 miles later, it was broke :burn: Fu***ng aftermarket parts!!!!!

So yea, if you are basically stock and want a good quality clutch, genuine Honda is the way to go!

k-roy
10-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Hey Jared what brand of clutch did you install.

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-22-2003, 06:09 PM
I didn't install it myself, but if I remember correctly it was a LuK brand clutch.

AZmike
10-23-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
I didn't install it myself, but if I remember correctly it was a LuK brand clutch.

I put one of those in and it's been fine for the last 17k. What part failed on yours?