PDA

View Full Version : where can i get a high output alternator for my car.

NOAHS88accord
06-23-2002, 04:33 AM
does ohio generators make high output alternators for our cars?

can i have mine rebuilt to be high output?

i plan on running 2 500watt mono sub amps and a 50x4 amp along with fog lights etc. i need a bigger alternator

who makes em?

please help
noah

gr3k0sLaV
06-23-2002, 06:16 AM
Apparently you can fit an alternator from a Honda Legend,
not sure which one or how or if it's true.....

Someone else here should be able to help you.

I'd say though put in a book quality battery, relieve whatever unnecessary loads on your current power system until you can afford to upgrade your alternator.

You can get it rebuilt, but whether or not it's worth it compared to putting in another alternator I do not know.

NOAHS88accord
06-23-2002, 09:46 PM
i am not worried about how much it costs because i would rather pay for a bigger alternator now then having it seize up in the future or having my electrical system fry

my old alternator seized up so i had to buy a new one, how much would it cost me approximately to have my alternator that i have now be rebuilt to a high output?

TeKKnoTeKK
06-23-2002, 11:37 PM
Rather than getting a bigger alternator there are other alternatives....like farad caps for example. One or two of those babies for your amps and it will take pretty much all the strain off your alternator and add a nice custom look as well. I have never believed in them but I would do that before I bought a bigger alternator. Doesn't really sound like a bigger alternator would be necessary for the power you are running, one farad cap and you should be good.

Bluecoma
06-24-2002, 06:19 AM
http://www.mean-green.com/

n300zx
06-24-2002, 09:14 AM
get a gel battery and for every 1000 watts of power you should get 1 farad of cap...