PDA

View Full Version : TV cable

blok2400
10-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Hello, i just got my new Throttle cabel and i took the other out but now i cannot figure out how to hook the little pins on to the cable connected to the pedal under the dash. I havenet anyroom to move around hardly and every thing i try it dosent seem to well "snap" in to place. Its a dual cabel thing on my 88 accord to where the throttle cable and the cabel that gose to the tranny are mounted togther. Anybody have a good diagram or know how its supoose to slide into place?

blok2400
10-24-2003, 06:06 AM
i have the manual but it only tells me that i simply take it off and not how but i got it off and now i need to put it back on the thing connected to the gas pedal

A20A1
11-05-2003, 08:00 PM
I have no idea... mine just slips into place... there is a spring loaded hook I think that keeps the cable end from poping back out..

mike king
11-06-2003, 06:22 AM
I have a 86 lx at,I allway wonder what this cable do on my car,will my car run without it?

blok2400
11-06-2003, 05:03 PM
lol no because it supplies the accleartion to the car. You can start the car without it and thats about it. I went four weeks without my car because of that. The honda dealership forgot to mention that there was a serial number change in the 88 DX hondas with carbs. Anyway after the wrong part and a 2 week wait per part i got it fixed. Worst problem ive had and it wasnet that hard to fix.

Dibbs
11-07-2003, 05:10 AM
When you get it on you're probably going to have to do some trial and error with the cable adjustment. There's a thread on TV cable adjustment in the How To section. If it's not adjusted properly your car will shift erratically, especially around cruising speeds.

Magny
11-08-2003, 11:37 PM
if there is 2 cables, one of them may belong to the cruise control box (if you didnt remove it), and the other for the throttle. Like A20A1 said, it should slide into place, the same way you took it off except backwards.

blok2400
11-10-2003, 06:19 AM
yeah the tv cabel i had to get was a dual cable and one went down to the transmisson and one to the the place under the carb that attaches so you can supply fuel to your car. It took a while to get in because every time one side is tight to much the cable will come lose. its doin good now.