PDA

View Full Version : help on fog light wiring please

neoblue89lxi
10-23-2003, 06:53 PM
For my foglights I need to wire the positive for my foglight switch to a "acc on". What wire would that be and please let me know if your a 100% sure or not because i dont feel like replacing a wiring harness and every other electrical component of my car. Thank you. Most electrical stuff deals with audio and security so I hope this would be the right topic to post in.

neoblue89lxi
10-23-2003, 07:19 PM
helllooooo??

k-roy
10-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Hello

neoblue89lxi
10-23-2003, 07:29 PM
your too funny thanks for the humor which ill definitly need when I guess a wire to tap into for power and fry my whole electrical system which then basically means the car is junk and unrepairable unless I pull a couple grand off my money tree in the back yard to replace everything.

easyryder
10-23-2003, 08:16 PM
No Problem now Right Neo

lightbulblxi
10-23-2003, 08:52 PM
i jus ran a wire to the positive on the battery. then i ran the pos and neg wires in the car and connected them to a switch. worked great so far.

edgar
10-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Well me I ran mine threw a relay. Just battery to relay to switch back to relay to fog lights. This will also keep your switch from melting. Straight wire will melt your switch trust me I found out the hard way...

catalin
10-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Foglights
- negative to chassis ground anywhere
- positive to terminal 30 of any 'bosch' type relay

Switch
- one side to ignition 12volts (+)
- ignition on hondas is usually black/yellow stripe
- other side to terminal 85 of relay

Relay
- terminal 86 to ground
- terminal 87 to battery or ignition
- terminal 30 to positive of foglights
- terminal 85 to switch

Make sure you fuse terminal 87 and the switch. I would say a 20amp fuse on terminal 87 and a 5amp fuse on terminal 85.

You want to wire the switch to ignition to protect you from forgeting the lights on and killing your battery.

I'm 99.9% sure since I did just have a drink before posting this... :beer:

POS carb
10-24-2003, 06:31 AM
under your dashboard on the fuse block there is a trio of terminals at the top, labled "1,2,3"
1 gets power in the "ACC/I" key position
2 gets power in the "ON/II" key position
3 gets power when the parking lights are on

there's also a constant power tap at the top (farther up, it's by itself)

ALL of these taps require you use a relay
so...

you can wire a fused switch to the battery and do it like that (if your switch can handle the amps) or use the connector #3 with a relay for your fogs to turn on w/ your parking lights.

chriskatana
10-24-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by POS carb
under your dashboard on the fuse block there is a trio of terminals at the top, labled "1,2,3"
1 gets power in the "ACC/I" key position
2 gets power in the "ON/II" key position
3 gets power when the parking lights are on

there's also a constant power tap at the top (farther up, it's by itself)

ALL of these taps require you use a relay
so...

you can wire a fused switch to the battery and do it like that (if your switch can handle the amps) or use the connector #3 with a relay for your fogs to turn on w/ your parking lights.

WOW! Great info, I'll defiantely be using this method to wire my lights! Thanks for putting this out here.

JakeEXLS
10-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Would it work if he just wired the foglights to the sidemarkers? This way he could have the foglights come on when he turns the main lights on, and if he just wants the foglights on, just turn the lights on to one click so you would just have the park lights on and the foglights... and if you wanted the lights on with out the foglights as well, you could just wire a switch to turn them off. This way, (If it is all practical, please tell me if its not lol) you would have your tails come on as well with the fog lights, because if just the foglights come on and nothing else it would look a little silly with no tails woudnt it? That how i plan to do my cheap ass job of wiring them up when i get mine lol.
Hope all that was understood!:rolleyes:

neoblue89lxi
10-26-2003, 07:42 PM
I ahve completed my foglights and would like to thank all of you for the help which was very useful during the wiring process. Jake, I will post a how too along with pics of everything so you can see how easy it is. I have the lights wired to a switch that is in the place of the antennae switch. The lights only work when the key is on and plus the switch is light so I know when they are on all the time. Give me a day or so and the how to will be posted. Again thank you all ver ymuch for the help.

Justin86
10-26-2003, 09:49 PM
Most fog light kits tell you how to wire it up.

POS carb
11-04-2003, 09:11 AM
with relays you can basically wire anything, they're great

to answer the ? posted yes you can wire them to the sidemarkers with a relay but this has the same effect as wiring it to the fuse block terminal #3 which looks much cleaner.

JakeEXLS
11-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Ok, thanks guys, i think ill try doing it the way the foglights tell me to in the instructions first :)

danronian
11-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Justin86
Most fog light kits tell you how to wire it up.

Not the $17.99 APC yellow driving lights I bought. But I figured it out and they are so bright for being so cheap.

They seem good for the money to me. They have big plastic housings and a thick glass lens. Does anyone have the ones I am talking about? They are rectangles and about 5in by 3in.

Dr._8t9LX
02-18-2005, 05:38 PM
I am having trouble finding this fuse box terminal 3. I remeber there was a pic on 3geez somewhere once before but my searchs are not finding it.....can anyone discribe a little better where it is on fuse box. thanks

johnnygo
12-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Bump on this last inquesition

johnnygo
12-22-2008, 04:08 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6773/chanafamily054qv0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

NEVERMIND >