PDA

View Full Version : I cannot believe she did this.

1988starter
06-23-2002, 07:41 AM
Well last night I was refilling my GF' power stearing fluid ans she said "wait isn't that the windshield washer resovar." I said no why did you put windshield washer fluid in it. She just shyed away and would not answer. Any way i think most of it leaked out because she has a PS leak (think I just fixed it) but I wante to know what kind of damage it could cause.

BoredRec
06-23-2002, 09:22 AM
I don't think it will cause a lot of problems...it's only water and soap...of course the ps fluid is petroleum based, so it probably won't mix...but I don't think the washer fluid will eat up any of the ps seals....but you might want to flush the system anyways...wouldn't hurt.

ACCORD EX
06-23-2002, 02:09 PM
you reminded me of my post ! " i can't believe that " , my brother filled the radiator with gas ! :D

MIKE

Bobs89LXi
06-23-2002, 04:00 PM
Well, at least she attempted to keep the fluid levels maintained. :p I guess you'll have to sit her down and give a crash course in auto mechanics. :stick:

CoAsTeR
06-23-2002, 04:22 PM
hahahaha join the club man.... My kid handed me the "Yellow bottle by the front door" so I could top up my radiator with antifreeze...... just so happens, pennzoil 5w30 and the rad fluid bottle are both yellow......... I should have read the damn label first... DOH!

on the other hand...... didn't your gf notice the windshield washers weren't working after adding a whole bottle of fluid to the "resevoir"? hahahaha :) shit happens.....

POS carb
06-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Man I know what you mean! I was trying to clean out my boneyard radiator (Honda original, excellent condition! score!!!) and I grabbed for what I thought was my gallon of Simple green and it turned out to be a gallon of brake fluid. Oh well, at least brake fluid is water-soluble! :p

ACCORD EX
06-24-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Bobs89LXi
Well, at least she attempted to keep the fluid levels maintained. :p :stick:

got a point there Bob !:D :lol :lol

MIKE

hondaman87
06-24-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
you reminded me of my post ! " i can't believe that " , my brother filled the radiator with gas ! :D

MIKE

hahahahahaahahahahaha:lol :lol :lol

hondaisthebest
06-24-2002, 06:19 PM
i understand you guys my girlfriend was running my car with
the parking brake :D

ACCORD EX
06-25-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by hondaisthebest
i understand you guys my girlfriend was running my car with
the parking brake :D

why does it always come from closest persons to you ! :)

MIKE

hondaman87
06-25-2002, 03:21 PM
my girl knows better in which who is allowed to touch the car in those matter

POS carb
06-25-2002, 08:03 PM
man in our cars it should be damn easy to tell if the brakes are still on lol! no power!
now, I've driven my pop's mustang w/ the ebrake still on! A V8 and wimpy brakes are kind of a recipe for disaster!