PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust fumes in cabin any ideas.

A2B Accord
10-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Seems like everytime i turn on my heat/air or sit idle at a red light i got exhaust fumes blowin through the vents into the cabin. I wondering if its my cat thats bad. Is there anywhere else the fumes could be coming from.

k-roy
10-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Sounds like a leaky exaughst. It could be a cracked header, bad gasket, rusted out sections etc... You should take it to a shop to have them check it out.

A2B Accord
10-25-2003, 06:27 AM
Thanks, also does that hose on the header heat shield connect to anything. Because its in pretty bad shape and open at one end.

A20A1
11-05-2003, 07:58 PM
I could come from a leaky exhaust... or one of the EGR or AS pipes from the header. But also the carb might be leaking fumes from the float bowl... or the Charchoal canister is leaking or one of the hoses to the charchoal canister are bad.

86_lx-i_hgreenIII
11-06-2003, 01:06 AM
bad flex pipe? mine is bad and i get exhast fumes in the cabin bit it willl be fixed tommorow

k-roy
11-06-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by A2B Accord
Thanks, also does that hose on the header heat shield connect to anything. Because its in pretty bad shape and open at one end.

That pipe does not do much. It heats up the air path into the carb. The parts store has them for mad cheap. They are universal cut to fit.

racerx
11-07-2003, 07:26 PM
I had this problem too. It was actually a combination of the PCV valve being open (not connected to the intake manifold :) ) and also the stem on the valve cover being open aired.
I installed a custom CAI and I left the valve cover stem thingy open.
What solved my problem was just getting some cheap hose from the parts store and running it down by the driver's side wheel well, and adding a breather filter to the end.
The gas was getting in the vent intakes right under the windshield. Check it out.

Justin86
11-07-2003, 08:13 PM
Most likely it is the exhaust. Listen for leaks.