PDA

View Full Version : break out the pink Civic gif

Micah 89LXi
10-24-2003, 11:37 PM
okay so i installed those windshiled washer light things today...oh holy crap was that a pain in the ass...was there a right way to do this...because it came with no instrustions..and i had no room for my finger or anything screwing these things on...now i have like 4 plastic washers inside the support beams of my hood because i lost that many in the process....anyways they look really neat..i got blue ones so i wired them to a switch..just encase.....freakin circuit city had them in the wrong places because i thought i grabbed red...oh well now my car has 6 lights on the front..heh...yeah it looks kinda ricey..but i like em

k-roy
10-25-2003, 12:58 AM
:rice:
Post some pics so I can raise 'ol glory again.

tozza6
10-25-2003, 04:41 AM
I have some of those Blue lights too!! Everyone says they look crap but i reckon they look good. I know what u mean about trying to install them - it took me so long - very frustrating.

Bloodlust
10-25-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by kroy
:rice:
Post some pics so I can raise 'ol glory again.

I think I just might second that. However, I did have those blue lights on my wheels one time and I would consider that very ricy as well...:rolleyes:

shepherd79
10-25-2003, 06:26 AM
becareful with widshield washers. the colors that are illigal ar blue and red. So you may want to chenge them unless you like paying fines all the time.

i.c.
10-25-2003, 07:04 AM
sounds cool...if you like them keep them...i would have gone with blue(so so illegal in sc.) or green

89AcCOrDmike
10-25-2003, 07:31 AM
so if only blue and red are illegal...does that go for under body neons too? and all other neons?

chriskatana
10-25-2003, 08:39 AM
I put the white ones on mine, I like 'em so I'll be keeping them there.

cdscowboy
10-25-2003, 11:48 AM
I was wondering...what do you guys think of using these as blinkers, as in on the front fender? I'm sayin like paint the silver part the color of your car, and have the blinker point forward. I dunno...just an idea. I'll probably never do it.

lightbulblxi
10-25-2003, 12:26 PM
acually, it sounds like a cool idea. some one should do it so i can see what it looks like.

cfluvsnh
10-27-2003, 08:39 AM
I had no problem installing mine, I don't know what your deal is. I also thought they would be cool if you wired them in with the blinkers, but that would look stupid on the hood. They would be cool as side markers though.

Dibbs
10-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
becareful with widshield washers. the colors that are illigal ar blue and red. So you may want to chenge them unless you like paying fines all the time.

I never heard that. Is that in all states or just yours? I wonder, why are just red & blue illegal?

Micah 89LXi
10-27-2003, 10:30 AM
emergency colours...reserved for police,ambulance and fire fighters...but they are soo tiny i dunno if they would care or not...you can barely see them over my other rediculous lights....my fogs are really damn bright...but i wired them to a switch....so i can turn em off when i see cops....i want to exchange them now that i think about it..cause i dont need a ticket..but i dont even want to mess with screwing them in place again unless i get a new hood and take it completely off...which might happen soon...but for $9 i am pleased...if i remember ill take some pics tonite

Dibbs
10-27-2003, 12:01 PM
OHHH....I didn't figure they do it on something so small that doesn't flash.

Micah 89LXi
10-29-2003, 09:01 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/ut/SSGoku/light1.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/ut/SSGoku/washerlights1.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/ut/SSGoku/washerlights2.jpg
here they is

crwa
10-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Why, why, why??? Why do people get those things, they are a joke... If you like them cool, but you will get pulled over for them. The only ones that can be on all the time are orange/amber. Any other color is illegal for it resembles a emergency vehicle or it creates a distraction to other drivers and endangers the lives of others. THere just like under body lights. They can be used on private property or in a show, but on the roads and highways they are illegal and you will get ticketed for them. At least you wired them to a toggle switch so you can turn them on and off.

As far as tickets go, the first one you can talk your way out of, but I know in Oregon they can give you a $141 ticket for illegal lighting, ( I talked my way out of it, well actually my 4th one) and I believe other states are similar. But it just another reason to get pulled over and hastled in an "investigative" stop.

BITESIZE
10-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Yep, I got pulled over and warned, so I got rid of them.

AccordArizona89
10-29-2003, 11:14 AM
yeah i got pulled over having the red on. i bought the ones were they change 8 different colors. a matter of fact i pulled up to a school downtown and they were skaters there and once i pulled up they all took off runnin' . LOL! it was hilarious. but the cop let me go and i bought the white lights. and i oculdnt get it in the hood either. but there on thanks to good ol' super glue haha

Micah 89LXi
10-29-2003, 09:26 PM
umm....well uhh...maybe umm...where do i get amber ones.....i think they would be cool since my parking lights are soo dim...if they make amber i would buy those...im very cautious with the lights...i hit the switch whenever i have a bad feeling....okay i know i should have gotten green or something white....but the blue ones own

Micah 89LXi
10-29-2003, 09:31 PM
i think ima put some kind of red film over the lense so they purple...would they pull me over for purple?...people have purple headlights...and blue for that matter

Micah 89LXi
10-29-2003, 09:32 PM
then again i was thinking about just covering up the front altogether so the light shows through on the back where the nozzels are..cause that looks pretty neat sitting in the car.....i dunno i was bored and depressed...and im still both so do ya blame me?

crwa
10-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Any color with the exception of amber is illegal! And as far as head lights go not all of them are legal. Some states are trying to make HID's illegal with the exception of vehicles that come with them from the dealer. I know one night an officer asked about my head lights and I told him they were H4's. he had no idea what those are but he was asking so that shows they are working on something regarding laws relating to aftermarket head lights.

As far as lights go it just depends. You could have them on all them time (colored ones) and never get hastled, or the officer could be board and pull you over for them. More then likely you won't get ticketed but it does give them a reason to pull you over and that can lead to problems sometimes.

I'd say keep them how they are and just turn them on when you are off city roadways. I know when i had red city lights I use to have them on all the time, and I never got stopped but when i say a police car they went off immediately for it could be considered immitating a law enforcement vehicle, which is a felony and can send you to jail, so just be aware of what your blue lights can get you into, cause even the package says them are for show and offroad use only, and should not be used on public streets so good luck in court if something were to come up.

Is you want something cool regarding neon lights, get two kits of nine inch tubes. Install the under your seats and angle them to shine on the front florr and rear floor. And the good thing is the kits juist plug into the cigeratte adapter. I did them under my seats and they are a nice way to show off your interior at night, and they do grab attention, if you get them you'll be surprised how many people in trucks and mini vans look down and see a glowing interior and give you a thumbs up.

k-roy
10-29-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by crwa
Some states are trying to make HID's illegal with the exception of vehicles that come with them from the dealer

That is outright discrimination. Not everyone has $40,000+ to spend on a Mercedes. Personally I like my H4 conversion, I need to get on on the Accord. I may do a real HID upgrade someday. Its all about safety. And the rich do not deserve to be more safe than me.

goldadition
10-30-2003, 08:09 PM
i have the amber colored ones, well on the box it said yellow but it's acctually amber. i was sooo pissed when i hooked them up because only one works. and why is this thread called pink civic? what's up with that?

jonrichert
10-30-2003, 08:17 PM
yeah i put blue ones on about 2 years ago (they costed $50cdn back then), had em on all the time for a year no problem, got a ticket, disputed that shit and won, but i disconnected them and haven't hooked them up since. they were pretty sweet back when i was one of two people in the city that had them.

Micah 89LXi
10-31-2003, 12:41 AM
i was referring to the little rice icon everyone uses

goldadition
11-04-2003, 08:03 PM
ok thanks for clearing that one up cause i was totally lost