PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter help

Mantis88LX
06-23-2002, 11:00 AM
k well i picked new fuel filters up today, i've never changed them so i need some help on how to do this.
also which fuel filter goes were? the clear plastic one goes under the car at the gas tnak i think, but what about the metal one?? i've looked everywere and cant seem to find it, isnt it in the "mystery box" ??

thanx guys

ACCORD EX
06-23-2002, 12:10 PM
metal one ! ??????

there is a big one and a small one ! big one behind the rear wheel driver's side !
the small one in the engine bay !

MIKE

Mantis88LX
06-23-2002, 12:14 PM
were in the engine bay??

also once i un hook the fule lines is fuel gonna start shooting out?? what do i do??

sorry for the stupid questions, but no one at my house wants to help me do this so im having to do it my self

guaynabo89
06-23-2002, 01:38 PM
I think its in front of the brake booster. On the drivers side of the air cleaner box.

ACCORD EX
06-23-2002, 02:00 PM
not all cars have the engine bay filter it's really useless! i don't have it!
anyway about the rearfilter it's behind the rear wheel driver's side ! take the wheel off and you 'll find it ! it's in a meta bracket which you will have to remove 2 X10 mm bolts , and the take the filter out of the bracket use pilars to take off the hosses place the new filter exactly the same way!

try holding the fuel lines up ward while changin ! anyway some fuel will definetely spill on the floor ! :D

good luck 1
MIKE

YK86
06-23-2002, 03:09 PM
I think all North American 3rd gens have the secondary fuel filter in the engine bay. It's attached to the red braided fuel line coming out of the driver's side firewall.

Mantis88LX
06-23-2002, 05:45 PM
thanx guys! got it all figured out, and my car runs awesome now!

not sure if it was the fuel filters or the busted vaccum hose that i found during my search for the fuel filter, but i fixed em both and everything is A ok

thanx lots guys!!

ACCORD EX
06-24-2002, 08:01 AM
glad every thing is ok ! :)

MIKE