PDA

View Full Version : Gacho Ass Rust!

HondaBoy
10-26-2003, 08:20 PM
well, as some of y'all know, i had wrecked my car in january of this year and got it fixed in march. well its rainy here and i look in my trunk and its raining in there too!!! it had done that before and i thought it was cuz i didnt close the lid right. well, i go out there with my flash light and check it out. theres rust along every weld seam! there is alot around where the trunk lid rubber seal is. its under that little lip so you cant see it without sticking your head in. im guessing theres also holes somewhere around the inside part of where the rear window sits inplace. well, im going to look up my papers from the body shop and take it to have them fix it when i get a chance. im guessing its going to be on them because of the shitty welding and irresponsibility of not priming and painting the welded metal. that pisses me off cuz i thought they did a pretty good job. also, stuff ive noticed was in the inner fender well, there is rust. theres places where the body filler they used fell off. the little place where the trim level badge goes (DX, LX, LX-i, etc.), is rusted under where you cant see it too good, and the body filler there is cracking. my bumper that looks pretty nice considering they did a realy nice paint job on it is cracking in a few places. otherwise, the rest of my car is rust and crack(lol) free. my car is parked on an incline and i think thats why most of the water drained into the car. now it have it facing nose foward up the incline so the water will drain out of the groove part where the trunk lid seal is and not be just sitting there. hope that works. any one else have this stupid ass problem?

Luis 89LXi
10-27-2003, 05:54 PM
Mine has a welded metal ( all the fender from bottom to top till the tailgate) on drivers side rear fender just like yours, water is going inside too, I try underseal, is a kind of paint to seal and prevent rust, all over the welded area, no more rust but i have this wet smell on trunk when raining days are over. I have no chance to re-try underseal for work and school but it'll be rainig again, sout east is so rainig weather in this time, remeber that rain that over just a couple weeks ago, man that was the deluge.

That sucks.

Luis Z

HondaBoy
10-28-2003, 09:15 PM
well, its not supposed to be raining much too soon, so thats good. i think it was only leaking water when the front of my car is facing down hill and the water is going towards the front of the car. otherwise, it has not water in there now. luckyly, my trunk is gutted. i never put back the plastic or carpet after i got it fixed. when i get some time, i will take it back to the body shop. they still have the parts car there at the shop, so maybe i should as how much for the hood and front bumper. its from the 88-89, and thats what i wanted.