PDA

View Full Version : Need custom enclosure info...

crwa
10-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Over winter break i plan to build a custom sub enclosure in my trunk, or yank out my back seat and do it there...

I was wondering if anyone has done either one and if so are there any pictures that can be posted so I can get some ideas???

Also, what materials are the best to use? The set up is going to be for two 10''s and an amp.

Any pictures or advice would be great...

87AccordsterLx
10-27-2003, 04:49 PM
There are several threads on custom trunk setups... run a search and you should get some results.

k-roy
10-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Keep your back seat. I would personally build the box with the amp on top and push it close aginst the back seat. Make sure the front is angled back to match the seatback.You should be able to make a small box with 10s, maybe 2-3 cubic feet. As for materials MDF (medium density fiberboard) is the best stuff for the price. It is used in cabinets and countertops and is easily available. The best way to do it is to use "biscuts" whitch are kinda like pegs, but in an oval shape. Also sandwitch two .75" layers of mdf to make it strong. Then you can carpet it and BOLT IT DOWN. Thieves suck. Good luck.

crwa
10-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Kroy, are you just talkin about building a box??? I already have one and my amp is mounted to the back seat, I want to build seat up in the floor of the trunk or toward the rear with a sunkin amp enclosure where the spare tire would be. I have in mind what i want to do I just kind of need so advice from the guys that have already done them...