PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter help

Mantis88LX
06-23-2002, 12:18 PM
help me http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=22478#post22478

MasDX
06-23-2002, 05:14 PM
Alrite I hope I can help ya cause I did a fuel filter change in my car too both primary and secondary and I have a accord 87 dx CARBERATED!!!!!!!

So i dont know how it is for fuel injected shouldn't be to different but you never know!

The primary fuel filter is under the front hood pop it and standing infront of the car look at the top right it should be there I dont have pictures but the filter is metal about 1 half inchs big and there should be red covered pipes connected to it the center of the filter has a black ring around it!

The secondary fuel filter is in the rear under the car standing infront of the car to your right it should be right beside the rear tire on the left of it you gotta lift your car with a jack and get under there you dont take your tire off its a pretty simple job!

When you take the filter out YES gas does start coming out the pipe but it doesn't come rushing out whatever was left in the pipes when you turned your car off starts spilling out so expect that a little but so yah its not much of a big problem just dont do it with your car on or the gas will squirt like crazy! probably cause a fire to but with your car turned off no problems!

For this job all I used was a size 10" ranch thing and a phillps screw driver and a regular flat head!

Go luck took me 1 hour!

Mantis88LX
06-23-2002, 05:41 PM
yea thanx man! i got it all figured out,