PDA

View Full Version : my $50 accord

kollin
10-27-2003, 11:35 AM
two weeks ago i bought a 5speed 87' accord dx {carburated} hatchback 2.0L for $50. it had some problems, like: bad gas, bad oil, bad plugs and wires, worn out pcv, missing bolts everywhere. since then ive swapped all fluids, air filter, spark plugs, plug wires, oil filter, radiator cap, replaced all the bolts, and ordered new exhaust which should be here any day. also currently rebuilding the carb with a cheap carb kit from autozone which should be finished in the next couple of days. seems like its going to be a fun car but i guess ill know better in a few days when its running again. one small question i do have though... do all of these cars have so much play in 1st? i think it could be a worn out bushing or simple overtightening fix.

Dustin Imports
10-27-2003, 11:41 AM
sweetdeal...as for your questions...I have no clue

BMS
10-27-2003, 11:52 AM
Play in first? If you are asking what I think you are...in my car all the gears feel more or less exactly the same.

deadlight
10-28-2003, 01:23 AM
Damn all of you bastards in your 50 dollar Accords, j/k there are alot of 50 dollar Accords around here all of a sudden, anyways, since you mentioned the bushings, (suspension?) when asking about the play in 1st do you mean like torque steer or what? Because you shouldn't really have that with your staggering 98 horse power. Other than that can't think of anything, I just know it probably shouldn't be there. Wish you luck with your 3gee, I know most people are very happy with them! Welcome to the site!

kollin
11-01-2003, 03:58 PM
the play i was speaking of is just in the shifter itself, the bushings in the linkage were what i was speaking of, ive since remedied the problem with a new linkage bolt and short throw shifter.
also on a side note, when attempting to rebuild my carb i failed miserably, apparently the floats are dead. probably from gas sitting in it. i might have to fuel inject it. still debating

zero.counter
11-01-2003, 04:03 PM
Go with the fuel injection, I guess...
Great deal imo. $50 accord, if only I had paid that much for mine.

RustyHo88
11-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Do you have emission testing where you live? Have you thought about doing a weber 32/36 conversion? If you did that, you would have to worry about rebuilding the carb, and you would get rid of all those stupid vacuum lines.

Bloodlust
11-05-2003, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the board. There are alot of $50 accords nowadays, I can never find anything like that around where I live tho.