PDA

View Full Version : self intro

kelli217
10-27-2003, 11:52 AM
Hi. I'm Kelli. I have a bone-stock 89 LX-i coupe. I'm the third owner, as best I can tell.

It's teal, it has had a minor fender-bender in the front and a pretty serious hit in the right rear fender, both before my ownership. The paint on that fender was not color-matched to match the fading when replaced; it was repainted the factory color, so it's darker than the rest of the car. The front mishap eventually claimed the life of the right headlamp actuator, and so I leave the left one up all the time too, so it'll look symmetrical.

The car is in fair mechanical shape. It has recently had a new alternator put in when the old one failed. It sometimes refuses to start when the interior is hot. I think my right rear brake is binding a little bit (when pulling away from a stop, I hear some slight squealing). It needs an exhaust manifold gasket put on one of the cylinders, so now it runs rough at certain RPMs, smooth at others.

The auto trans has, on a couple of occasions, locked itself in 1st gear, only to fix itself when stopped, put in Park, and then in D4 again. The shop says it doesn't appear to have any significant fluid leakage.

It rides a little low in the front, but it hasn't been lowered. I think it's just a matter of old springs and struts, because it will bottom out easily and there is a groaning sound coming from the left front wheelwell area when the suspension flexes. Not to mention that the front tires are wearing more on the inside edge than the rest of the tire.

The trim and door panel on the driver's side are not in good shape. In fact, the chrome trim piece at the window opening once got in the way of the window and caused it to pop out of the track. The door panel is not properly secured, because the lower rear corner can be pulled off of the door with only a minimum of effort.

That's what's wrong with my car. What's good about my car? It has a nice ride. It is very controllable. It has good performance, surprisingly so at times. The interior is still in pretty good shape. The original radio even still works, mostly. The driver's seat is not power-adjustable but gives me good support, especially since my torso is freakishly long and I have to recline the seatback a fair amount in order to clear the headliner. The ventilation system is amazingly versatile -- I can pump cool air through every single vent if I am so inclined.

I am impressed with a car having had two other owners besides me, having 140k on the odometer, and still holding up this well. But then, I liked the last Honda I had, too. It was an 80 Civic Wagovan, and even though it went through clutches like a knife through butter, it was otherwise very reliable and economical and didn't seem to have any trouble breaking the speed limit. I wish I hadn't driven it into a ditch. Well... serves me right for doing the speed limit (45 mph) late at night on a dark unfamiliar country road that had an unmarked sudden 20-foot radius 90-degree turn with gravel scattered on the road.

Dustin Imports
10-27-2003, 12:59 PM
'ello

k-roy
10-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Holy crap, a girl on this board.:werd: Now Im gettin scared.
Welcome to the board, I hope you have fun here.

Vinny
10-27-2003, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the site

HostileJava
10-27-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by kroy
Holy crap, a girl on this board.:werd: Now Im gettin scared.
Welcome to the board, I hope you have fun here.

Actually Kelli could be a guys or a girls name so don't jump do any conclusions

Welcome to the board. Feel free to post and ask question. Try to just ignore some of the ruder members. Hope your stay here is a long one.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Welcome, and if kelli is a girl she wouldn't be the first girl on the board.

k-roy
10-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by HostileJava
Actually Kelli could be a guys or a girls name so don't jump do any conclusions

Welcome to the board. Feel free to post and ask question. Try to just ignore some of the ruder members. Hope your stay here is a long one.

I did not jump to conclusions. Read the thread "The sad sad story of a girl who was stupid."

Vinny
10-28-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by kroy
I did not jump to conclusions. Read the thread "The sad sad story of a girl who was stupid." :werd: gotta do a lil math and put 2 & 2 together here folks

HostileJava
10-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Vinny
:werd: gotta do a lil math and put 2 & 2 together here folks

Well seeing as a rarely read that section and hardly ever post in it. I wouldn't have known that, would I? And yes you will find my posts in there now since I went and checked it out. :stick:

and back to the original topic.....

Vinny
10-28-2003, 10:11 AM
phhhhhhhhhhhhfffffffffffftttttttttttttttt
No need for explanations, I wasn't dogging anyone. Just giving kroy some props on his detective work :D

Dibbs
10-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Woot Woot! A female! And she's talking that "I know something about cars" talk that only women can make sound sexy :flash:

Vinny
10-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Dibbie
Woot Woot! A female! And she's talking that "I know something about cars" talk that only women can make sound sexy :flash:

Settle down Dibs, ya damn horn dog. Down boy down down bad Dibs :rolleyes:

deadlight
10-28-2003, 02:43 PM
C'mon guys, I doubt she came here so everyone talked about how sexy she is knowing about cars and all, even though that's why I came here of course, because everyone thinks I'm sexy knowing about cars and all. :lol

Vinny
10-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by deadlight
C'mon guys, I doubt she came here so everyone talked about how sexy she is knowing about cars and all, even though that's why I came here of course, because everyone thinks I'm sexy knowing about cars and all. :lol

Now THAT is the funniest thing I've heard on here since the single and looking thread:tongue:

deadlight
10-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I should really immortalize myself and force someone to make that their signature...

Dibbs
10-29-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Vinny
Settle down Dibs, ya damn horn dog. Down boy down down bad Dibs :rolleyes:

What ....the...hell?

It's not my fault I said what many of us were thinking. :D

I was simply trying to make her feel...**ahem**...welcome.

Vinny
10-29-2003, 08:42 AM
riiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghtttttttttttttttttttt
Suuuuuuuuurrrreeeee you are :D