PDA

View Full Version : Fart can...Uncheck?

cubert
10-27-2003, 03:29 PM
well..i took it off..i got sick of it...and my girlfriend bitching about it...and wow i love my car being quiet...just cruise in fourth gear and you cant even hear it..its great..if anyone is interested in the muffler let me know..3A racing..PM me and offer a price...im willing to let it go amazingly cheap

Coitis1
10-27-2003, 07:40 PM
i hear ya. i didn't have a fart can, but after last winter, i had a whole in my muffler that sounded exactly like a performance muffler. I thought it was cool for awhile, made me feel powerful, but it got to the point where i couldn't even hear my radio w/o the windows up. Plus it smelled bad. I got it fixed and have been happy. On a side note, i was in traffic the other day saw a 240sx w/ fart can on it that had a tip larger than a softball. I'm not kidding, this thing was HUGE.

pimp86LX
10-27-2003, 08:28 PM
YOU ARE MY HERO

i thought i was the only one that liked a QUIET car. I used to have straight pipes on my buick...the 3.8L really rumbled and sounded bitchin, but after a while you just want it to be quiet!

btw... whats the inlet size on that muffler?

deadlight
10-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah, especially if you like to sneak around at night, in um, just situations that come up, a quiet car helps out, I can pull straight up anywhere w/o being heard in my mom's honda, my Sho however is loud as hell right now, the cops were on my ass the other night, the sound gave me away, however when I'm in my mom's car I'm never hassled.

MilTownSHO
10-27-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by deadlight
Oh my Sho however is loud as hell right now, the cops were on my ass the other night, the sound gave me away

Get some exhaust already then, it will be faster also, backpressure=good thing!

k-roy
10-27-2003, 10:27 PM
I hate it when I post a response in the wrong section, man I need sleep. Insomnia sucks.

deadlight
10-27-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by MilTownSHO
Get some exhaust already then, it will be faster also, backpressure=good thing!

Oh c'mon man, you know as well as I do all my money's going into the damn clutch! :burn:

cdscowboy
10-27-2003, 11:30 PM
Quiet exhaust is one of the few things on my Christmas list. No one in my family really appreciates it, and it's starting to annoy me. I like it around town for the most part, but it'd be nice to have my music relatively low and not have it drowned out w/the exhaust.

Anyone know of a good quality, QUIET, reasonalbly priced muffler?:)

diegoaccord
10-28-2003, 12:55 AM
Hell, I cant stand a quiet car. At least if Im driving it. My Accord ran no exhaust.....beautiful. But I had to get an E-Check, and on went a Car X muffler, and there went my "Im a badass" unmuffled engine sound.

Anyone with a carb Accord should do what I used to do. Take it past 8000, and just gently release the gas, and listen to the engine brake....and do it un-muffled. People will think your shit is badass, at least they did mine.

deadlight
10-28-2003, 01:18 AM
You were taking your accord above 8 grand? Goddamn. Anyways, yeah, I like a loud car every now and then, my SHO sounds fuckin mean as hell, it sounds more like a really nice 4banger than a 6, but still, there are too many situations I can think of where I wish it was quiet no matter how nice it sounds.

HostileJava
10-28-2003, 02:10 AM
The end of my exhaust pipe has a 3bolt flange so I can put on a stock looking/sounding muffler or the straight through big tipped muffler I have on it. I have yet to use the stock sounding one.

diegoaccord
10-28-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by deadlight
You were taking your accord above 8 grand? Goddamn.

Believe it or not a carbed Accord will do it, and wont care. The engine has no problems going there, but making power is a different story. I had dreams about B16A + EFI swap, so I didnt "care" about the motor, plus it was the closest thing I had to driving a 2000 Civic Si, at the time. That dream was realized then crushed. Damn Ohio.

cubert
10-28-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
YOU ARE MY HERO

i thought i was the only one that liked a QUIET car. I used to have straight pipes on my buick...the 3.8L really rumbled and sounded bitchin, but after a while you just want it to be quiet!

btw... whats the inlet size on that muffler? i think its 2.25..but ill find out later today and let you know...its great..my car has that sewing machine feeling back to it:D

Dustin Imports
10-28-2003, 06:33 AM
How much? I could use it for my Foldgers:smokin:

chriskatana
10-28-2003, 06:50 AM
I knew it was time for me to get a new muffler when my 4 year old daughter asked me to turn the motor down so she could hear the radio!

erics86dx
10-28-2003, 09:27 AM
lol......turn the engine down.....thats the best, priceless

Art 1
10-28-2003, 10:37 AM
There's nothing I hate more that riding next to some Civic with a loud ass exhaust. Sound proves nothing and only annoys the masses.

Silver86LX
10-28-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Art 1
There's nothing I hate more that riding next to some Civic with a loud ass exhaust. Sound proves nothing and only annoys the masses.

What are you talking about? Didn't you know? The louder your exhaust is, the faster it goes! j/k :D

I know what you mean. I hate being stuck driving near a car with a fart can on the end. It's really annoying.

pimp86LX
10-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Silver86LX
What are you talking about? Didn't you know? The louder your exhaust is, the faster it goes! j/k :D

I know what you mean. I hate being stuck driving near a car with a fart can on the end. It's really annoying.

i recently spotted a 240sx at school with litterally a 1' high curvy wing, I call them whale tales. and a normal muffler with a stock looking 2" outlet and a freaking 6" tip coming off that.

The guy was right there, my and my bud quite literally pointed and laughed.

darn ricers!