PDA

View Full Version : frontin'....

blaztR
10-27-2003, 11:47 PM
iv'e only got an a20a, bone stock xept for flipped lid and gutted cat, no muffler just resonated dual 4" outlet pacesetter long tip from 2 3/4" down pipe. yeah thats right, fuck the laws, it's intelligence first. intel b4 law, ALWAYS. maybe if i dress in a pinstripe shirt with pens in my pocket and take out my earrings, borrow my friends glasses, shave my gotee and keep a real important looking research oriented binder in the pass. seat, then i can tell the cops im part of the local community colleges automotive research team. i dunno, where i live people are so stupid the cops may try 2 race me. anyway, all of this hoorah is about the fact that i really want a wing, and a big one. but i dont need one. but, i really want one, dammit. i saw these fat daddy r-1 aluminum wings on ebay for 40-50 bones. things that make you go hmmmn. so, the question is; whose got an r-1 wing from ebay or wherever and are they worth a shit. and, WHERE IN THE HELL CAN I FIND ONE OF THOSE JAPANESE RACE CAR STYLE REAR REVERSE AIR DAMS THAT LOOK LIKE THIS( E [tilt your head left]) u know, what you see on the rears of cars at japanese race events covered in all them articles of super street? well, maybe im being overexpressive about the whole thing. maybe this is all some type of wierd dream. maybe one of you figments of my imagination will pinch me with some information....

k-roy
10-27-2003, 11:56 PM
Ok... Maybe you should get a few dozen stickers like NOS and Neuspeed before the wing, so then it will be totally :rice:

P.S. Do not forget to paint the interior yellow. Remember yellow=speed.

AZmike
10-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by blaztR
WHERE IN THE HELL CAN I FIND ONE OF THOSE JAPANESE RACE CAR STYLE REAR REVERSE AIR DAMS THAT LOOK LIKE THIS( E [tilt your head left]) u know, what you see on the rears of cars at japanese race events covered in all them articles of super street?

Do you mean a diffuser?

k-roy
10-28-2003, 12:01 AM
You can make your own diffuser with an utility knife and some mesh from the hardware store.

HostileJava
10-28-2003, 02:03 AM
You kidding right? You don't really want to put a big aluminum wing on do you? I didn't think so. Now go home and think about what you've said. :rant:

Vinny
10-28-2003, 05:33 AM
All I can say is one thing

Therapy

Learn it, live it, go to it regularly until you ovrcome these crazy voices in your head

Dibbs
10-28-2003, 06:26 AM
Listen to Vinny....He knows
:flip:

NXRacer
10-28-2003, 08:16 AM
if he wants a wing, let him. Just be nice about trying to convince him otherwise. I know a lot of poeple like this guy who just need to be educated, not ridiculed.

BIGASS ALUMINUM WINGS HOLD NO REAL PURPOSE AND LOOK RETARDED ON A 3G.

If you really really really want a wing, look into the touring style fiberglass wing or something similar. Some of the newer more expensive cars do look awesome with aluminum wings on them, but it just doesnt go with the 3g styling. Just something to keep in mind when you thing about putting a wing on your car.

Wild LX-i
10-28-2003, 11:09 AM
I will have to agree with the rest of the guys on here...aluminum isn't very smart, espeacially for a front wheel drive car.

NXRacer
10-28-2003, 11:25 AM
99% of street cars out there (no matter which one) won't benefit from a wing unless they regularly drive over 100mph. On most(all?) street driven cars, wings are 100% for looks.

PortugalFocus
10-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by blaztR
.... WHERE IN THE HELL CAN I FIND ONE OF THOSE JAPANESE RACE CAR STYLE REAR REVERSE AIR DAMS THAT LOOK LIKE THIS( E [tilt your head left]) u know, what you see on the rears of cars at japanese race events covered in all them articles of super street? well, maybe im being overexpressive about the whole thing. maybe this is all some type of wierd dream. maybe one of you figments of my imagination will pinch me with some information....

.......OMG........

Someone has been playing too much Auto Modelista.....

....APC is not the top of the line auto parts company......

.....go get some glow pedals neon shift knob and racing windshield wipers while your there........

wprocomp
10-28-2003, 07:31 PM
wow ok that was scary...:stick:

blazin3gen
10-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by PortugalFocus
.....go get some glow pedals

check.... :D i got those

zero.counter
10-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Nothing wrong with the Arospeed 55inch reverse dam spoiler, only if it is on a nice car. It is what I will be getting myself for my birthday in two months. But for the 240 that is. Tha old accord stays wingless!

"When boxes with wings fly" ;)

89NinjaAccordLX
10-28-2003, 09:32 PM
1. some people just want to make their car look fast.

2. some people know that "bigass aluminum spoilers" DO help FF cars when you turn. Its not all about downforce... asses. Not everyone builds a third gen accord for dragracing... Being able to take a 25mph turn at 60 is very nice.

3. the aluminum spoiler has been done before many times and a FEW times it's looked pretty tite (omega). Don't hate.

4. he didn't say he wanted all of your opinions. he wanted to know where he could get one.

5. rear air diffusers arn't just for appearance, they help the aerodynamics of a car. if you have a kit (like me), that big rear bumper is like a big parachute at high speeds. some vents and an air diffuser would definately help. im sure a stock bumper could use it too.

k-roy
10-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Ok back to the original point.
If you want a wing check this out:
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgmenbr=361&cgrfnbr=687
BTW APC sucks.

k-roy
10-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Pinch!!! I hope I'm not just part of your imagination. Oh crap that was not the point, a rear diffuser was the point. Man this post was hard to understand. Something about looking like a geek to throw cops off.
You want a diffuser man? Here you go: http://www.booststore.com/
Look for the 90-93 accord model, from what I understand on this board a bumper from those years can fit our cars. Here is an example of a 3g with a 4g bumper:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gdguylb/lst?.dir=/3rd+Gen+with+4th+Gen+Kit&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/&.view=t

3G Jester
10-29-2003, 09:52 AM
yeah i totaly agree with kroy. yellow = speed.

and dont forget the NOS, NX and Type R stickers. AEM and APC work well too. you dont have to have the mods to endorse the product.
wings are bigger then better.
aluminum is cool but i love double decker wings. especialy two tone.

also dont forget the obligitory 4.5 inch tip performance muffler.

also....go find yourself a heart attack.

please.
:flip: :wave: :rice:

Bloodlust
10-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by HostileJava
You kidding right? You don't really want to put a big aluminum wing on do you? I didn't think so. Now go home and think about what you've said. :rant:

I completely agree with HostileJava. Just one more thing to add. The only thing that aluminum should be used for is aluminum foil. Please do not put an aluminum wing on a 3g.

If you do... you will be proclaimed :flame::rice: for the rest of your life.. Now look at my car in my signature. Doesnt it look perty with a nice non agressive wing? Think about this my friend.

PortugalFocus
10-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
yeah i totaly agree with kroy. yellow = speed.

and dont forget the NOS, NX and Type R stickers. AEM and APC work well too. you dont have to have the mods to endorse the product.
wings are bigger then better.
aluminum is cool but i love double decker wings. especialy two tone.

also dont forget the obligitory 4.5 inch tip performance muffler.

also....go find yourself a heart attack.

please.
:flip: :wave: :rice:

Don't forget the Type R shoulder pads...... NOS Seat covers and the diamond plate floor mats.......

89NinjaAccordLX
10-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Someone with some history on 3geez please show these guys omega's car... they'll shutup about the wing being rice.

Now look at my car in my signature. Doesnt it look perty with a nice non agressive wing? Think about this my friend.
Bloodlust:
I don't mean to single you out, but I will anyways because your post got to me. I'm sure we all agree that your wing is god's gift to 3geez. You love the look of your "perty" non-agressive wing. Meanwhile, some of us don't want wimpy ass wings.

By the way, nice bigass white banner in your windshield telling everyone you are driving a honda. That's totally NOT ricey.

3G Jester
10-29-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX
..........You love the look of your "perty" non-agressive wing............ .some of us don't want wimpy ass wings.......

Wimpy?

non agressive?

well you'll just have to excuse us......we arent trying to make up for something :D :flip:

89NinjaAccordLX
10-29-2003, 09:33 PM
or rack up our post count with nothing but worthless opinions...

and your mom has no complaints about my "big wing".

And I quote:
How about god bless boobies!!!
A toast to breasts! *raises glass*

Yeah, you're cool. Now I'm going to throw in some really cool smiley faces to show you just how much I mean business:

:deal: :lol

:crying: <---3gjester

And that's probably a pic of you and your sister in your avatar that you had to photoshop together (badly) because even she won't get near you.

You started it man. Not me. :D

Bloodlust
10-29-2003, 10:02 PM

Now look at my car in my signature. Doesnt it look perty with a nice non agressive wing? Think about this my friend.
Bloodlust:
I don't mean to single you out, but I will anyways because your post got to me. I'm sure we all agree that your wing is god's gift to 3geez. You love the look of your "perty" non-agressive wing. Meanwhile, some of us don't want wimpy ass wings.

By the way, nice bigass white banner in your windshield telling everyone you are driving a honda. That's totally NOT ricey.

Ok, now please emphasize if you were calling my car rice or not. Because the one part you said that my "wing is god's gift to 3geez." If that was a true compliment I thank you. But then you were saying about my banner. I picked up a bit of sarcasm... really dont appreciate it. Please emphasize. Thanks.

k-roy
10-29-2003, 10:04 PM
I agree, whats wrong with Bloodlust's spoiler? It looks nice without being overly big.

89NinjaAccordLX
10-29-2003, 10:17 PM
*Cough* Let me clear my throat. I didn't say his spoiler was ugly or anything, because I'm probably the last person to make joke's about someone's ride. He said that the new guy should think about a spoiler like his... like his spoiler is the mac daddy of spoilers... Its nice, but don't think that everyone should take your style. He called the aluminum wings rice so i WAS being sarcastic when i said the big white banner wasn't. You know, some people MIGHT call that ricey?

jigga89SEi
10-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Damn Josh....I got a few things to say....Good to see you posting back on the board finally....I knew you'd come around....And take it easy man....We don't want to hurt ne ones feelings.......:flipa:

k-roy
10-29-2003, 11:44 PM
Hey blaztR,
If you end up reading this please respond. Do not be scared away, this is how we do things areound here.

89NinjaAccordLX
10-29-2003, 11:59 PM
This is how we do things around here? Mr. 7 month membership?... lol. Sorry, I had to say it.

JADE! MY BROTHER!!! YES!!! I am back, much to everyone's delight im sure... lol. I see you found the hottest thread on 3geez right now. Lemme tell you, the drama is so exciting... I havn't seen anything like this in a while. Its a good ol' fashioned "jo'mama battle" in the Appearance section. I'm sure it'll be locked soon so get your hits in before its too late...hahahaha.

Bloodlust
10-30-2003, 11:03 AM
*Cough* Let me clear my throat. I didn't say his spoiler was ugly or anything, because I'm probably the last person to make joke's about someone's ride. He said that the new guy should think about a spoiler like his... like his spoiler is the mac daddy of spoilers... Its nice, but don't think that everyone should take your style. He called the aluminum wings rice so i WAS being sarcastic when i said the big white banner wasn't. You know, some people MIGHT call that ricey?

First of all, I do NOT think my spoiler is the "mac daddy of all spoilers", I was just suggesting that he get a spoiler like mine. And I was just adding to the point that everyone else was making about steering him clear of a huge aluminum wing. Just trying to give the guy advice thats all. And I agree that people shouldnt always take people's style, however there are only a few different spoilers that people can get for our cars. So if he likes it I'll let him know what kind it is. And secondly if you are "probably the last person to make jokes about someone's ride" then why are you bashing on my banner? Some people think its cool, some people dont like it. That is their opinion.

But anyways, its good to see you back on the board. One suggestion though.... dont be such an ass. Make more friends that way. :wave:

Justin86
10-30-2003, 12:06 PM
I would go with the NX sticker and don't forget about a clutch sticker. Go with ACT clutches

Project-LXi
10-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Hmmmm.... why not just save your money and buy real mods?

If you do all that fake shit, people are gonna wanna race, and you will do nothing but loose to nearly everything on the road, you will get tired of everyone not taking your car seriously. Better to buy some real mods, forget the ricer shit and then whoop on people in an underestimated car, you will get the opposite reaction, and in the long run be much happier.

But hey what do I know, go out and get the non-functional airdam, nos stickers, and aluminium wing. and have fun loosing all the time ;)

Ill see you on the streets

89NinjaAccordLX
10-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Heheeh. I can't believe im still checking this thread. Well bloodlust I'm sorry if I'm being an ass. He came on here wondering where he could get an aluminum wing and you told him he'd be ricey. So I took the liberty of pointing out that a lot of people think the banner you have is ricey. We're all trying to hook up third gen accords which a LOT of people think is ricey. I don't give a crap really. But before you "suggest" something to someone else or say that a certain style is ricey, just look at your own car first. And about me making friends... I've made lots of friends on 3geez and it wasn't because i told them that they'd be rice for getting an aluminum wing... I've made friends on here by doing things people havn't done on 3gs before and had others try to help...

wprocomp
10-31-2003, 02:59 PM
ahh yes...the age old topic of rice...what is rice and what isnt rice?lets leave that to the king of rice to answer that...whomever that may be:D

i.c.
10-31-2003, 03:19 PM
do it....don't let anyone on a internet forum tell you not too...i actually like some wings(you bust out a triple deck on a honda civic hb is a different story) bloodlust has a nice wing and that dude with the 4th gen kit on his i like too....not everybody is out to race people you know..i mean what..somebody with a viper is gonna pick on your old school 3rd gen? plz people..nice opinions...help the man out(oh, and ninja 7 MONTH MEMBERSHIP HERE :D)

NXRacer
10-31-2003, 03:24 PM
I now have proof that big aluminum wings will get you nowhere. My buddy used to have a big aluminum wing on his AUTOMATIC integra. A little while ago i went to his house and i noticed it was off and i congratulated him for removing the ugly thing and he said he didnt do it on purpose, he said it ripped out of his trunk! :lol now if that isnt proof that big wings aren't meant to be then i dont know what is.

i.c.
10-31-2003, 03:25 PM
^was it backwards?

k-roy
10-31-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by NXRacer
I now have proof that big aluminum wings will get you nowhere. My buddy used to have a big aluminum wing on his AUTOMATIC integra. A little while ago i went to his house and i noticed it was off and i congratulated him for removing the ugly thing and he said he didnt do it on purpose, he said it ripped out of his trunk! :lol now if that isnt proof that big wings aren't meant to be then i dont know what is.

ROFL

NXRacer
10-31-2003, 03:27 PM
nope. it wasn't on there right.

i.c.
10-31-2003, 03:28 PM
it's what we like to call LIFT..

k-roy
10-31-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by i.c.
it's what we like to call LIFT..

Lift is a good thing.;)

i.c.
10-31-2003, 03:57 PM
not on fwd integras

NXRacer
10-31-2003, 04:01 PM
its not lift, its a phenomenon called DRAG that tore the damn thing off..... :rolleyes:

i.c.
10-31-2003, 07:25 PM
lift drag whateva....that woulda been hella cool to see

k-roy
11-03-2003, 06:42 PM
Lift is a good thing to someone that is stupid enough to put something like that on a car.