PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt Injectors

Ryouga
10-28-2003, 08:13 AM
First off, I'd like to say hello to everyone as this is my first post on the boards. :wave:
Also, I only recently aquired my first ever Accord. I guess that makes me doubly a newbie here, huh? :)

Unfortunately, I have leaking injectors. I would love to just replace them with all new ones as the car is worth the investment, but my budget can't handle it. Has anyone ever used the $30 Crown rebuilts from Nopi.com? I've found some mention of the $40 Python rebuilts, but not the Crown. There are also these injectors: www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsHONDA.asp Has anyone heard of these guys? It seems as if they offer a pretty good deal. There's a link towards the bottom of that page that takes you to a brief description of their rebuild process.

I did contact RC Engineering about injectors. The gentleman I spoke with said that they don't really stock the old Honda injectors anymore. Perhaps I didn't ask the right questions over the phone. Has anyone ordered the "barely used" (as I've seen them called elsewhere in the boards) injectors from rceng.com recently?

All help would be greatly appreciated as I need to replace my injectors ASAP.

Thanks!

DBMaster
10-28-2003, 11:57 AM
I was the one who posted about the "barely used" injectors. I bought two of them over a year ago and they have been working fine with no leaks - as one would expect.

If they are not offering them any more that is a bummer. All I asked them when I called was about Honda stock injectors. He said they did testing for North American Honda and that they ended up with the injectors after the testing was complete.

NXRacer
10-28-2003, 12:30 PM
if i'm not mistaken, all honda injectors are universal, you just need to worry about the resistance of the injectors because it can screw your system. If your injectors are leaking, just replace the orings on them and that should solve the problem.

DBMaster
10-28-2003, 02:54 PM
If your injectors are leaking, just replace the orings on them and that should solve the problem.

I think this one comes up every time somebody asks about leaky injectors. Take my word for it, it's NOT the o-rings. If they are your original injectors they are shot and leaking at the joint between the plastic and metal parts. They can go a long time with slight leaks, but don't wait too long to replace them.

Mess around and just replace the o-rings and you will have spent your time and money for nothing.

No insult intended to NXRacer

NXRacer
10-28-2003, 03:00 PM
none taken. its just a common fix that solves a lot of the problems. IMO you might as well spend a couple bucks for o rings and see if thats the problem instead of spending a lot more for new/newer injectors.

johnwc723
10-29-2003, 07:27 PM
dude i have used the rebuilds from nopi, i bought them when they were like ~$28 an injector with no core, i was having fuel leaking out of my previous injectors, 3 of them seem alright one "possibly" has a slight leaking between the metal and the plastic but i cant smell it luckily...

johnwc723
10-29-2003, 07:29 PM
also, i thought it might be the o rings too, 99% of the time on our cars it seems liek its not!! dont believe it, if there is any sort of residue between the metal and the plastic, especially if when you have had the engine on for ~10min and there seems like there is some fluid on it (shine a bright light at it) its definetly not your rings, save your self the money there, if thats the case its definetly the injectors

Ryouga
10-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the input. I've ordered a set of injectors. Should be here Friday or Saturday. I ordered a set from www.fiveomotorsport.com. I'll let people know how it goes since I don't think anyone has ordered from there before.