PDA

View Full Version : Who said that swaping in manual pedals was easy!?!?!

joker2
10-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Let me tell you, I started Sat. and wasn't done until Sun. night!!! And I didn't take the seat out to do it:flash: Just thought I'd share that with all the people who are thinking about doing a tranny swap......

myaccord7
10-28-2003, 02:05 PM
you had to take the dask out didnt you?? i have a 5 speed sitting in the basement that iam planning on swapping next summer.

zach

bboipinoy112
10-28-2003, 02:23 PM
hah .. the manual pedals ? yess pain in the ass .. i unbolted the steering column .. still a pain .. i had to twist and push and angel in so many damn ways .. pissed me off .. and yess .. it comes with scatches and cuts for free ..

2old_honda
10-28-2003, 04:30 PM
your back must hurt

myaccord7
10-28-2003, 05:15 PM
so you didnt have the take out the dash? just the steering column?

zach

AccordEpicenter
10-28-2003, 06:36 PM
yeah, it took me 4.5 hours to do the pedals, and they were the biggest pita of the entire swap. The pedals come out after you unbolt and unhook each pedal linkage, then drop the steering column, then remove the gas pedal to get the pedal bracket out, and swap in the 5 speed ones, putting the gas pedal in when the bracket is already in the car. Bolt on, but still pita

BITESIZE
10-28-2003, 06:38 PM
Who said that swaping in manual pedals was easy!?!?!
(I did!)

Took me about 2 hours to yank the autos out and put the manuals in. But then again, I'm only 5 feet tall and 100 pounds!!! Boooyaa!!!! Check out my pictures at cardomain to see me doing it!!

Also- I had the whole assembly too.

:cool:

joker2
10-29-2003, 05:41 AM
Yeah BITESIZE, I saw your pics and you made it look like you did them in about 15 minutes but once I got my 6'2 azz between the seat and dash I said this is not going to be fun.....:lol It's great that the pedals are on one bracket but once you start getting into it you start thinking that if they weren't, it might be a little easier to get them over the steering column..... At one point I got so frustrated, trying to get the manual pedals in, that I even considered unbolting the steering linkage all together:burn:

88LXi68
10-29-2003, 07:09 AM
That was the WORST part of the whole swap. I didnt disassemble the pedals either, all did drop the column, move wires, remove the seat, yell, swear, throw and eventually bolt that fucker in. I hate that part of the swap.

joker2
10-29-2003, 07:24 AM
I think the "How-To" should mention different techniques to getting those damn pedals out:lol

89 Accords Rock
12-08-2003, 12:31 PM
Its took me almost a day to manufacture my own pedals. I got my stuff all outta 89 prelude. The pedal assembly is WAY different. we have some kinda El;ectric box under the dash under the carpet tyhere So i have to cut and torch and re weld ands then on top of all of that, you have to get the damn things in there OMG! its insane!