PDA

View Full Version : 2 OldSchoolSwap!

Paul Aerodeck86
05-01-2002, 03:54 PM
What engine do you have? From what car? Civic 5 or 6 gen? How you connect ours gauges to this engine?

And how you connect gear box?

Paul Aerodeck86
05-03-2002, 09:42 AM
I found good engine B16A2 1.6 160hp in Moscow! It's from Civic VTi 1995, 130 000 km with 5MT transmission, clutch, wiress, ECU for $1500.

OldSchoolSwap!! I need your answers for my questions!

OldSchoolSwap
05-03-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Paul Aerodeck86
What engine do you have? From what car? Civic 5 or 6 gen? How you connect ours gauges to this engine?

And how you connect gear box?

Sorry man! I didn't see this thread.

Engine Specs:
B16A (1.6)

99-2000 Civic Si (United States)
95 Civic Del Sol (United States).
I think 90-93 Integras had them too (Unted States)

Mine was imported from Japan from a 89 Civic (JDM Baby!)

The speedometer remains the same (MPH). RPM I don't remember right this second! I think my shop did that one for me.

Gear box? Do you mean the tranny? It came with the motor "S1 tranny". It should fit with the proper mounts and shift likage.

Paul Aerodeck86
05-09-2002, 12:31 PM
But if i take a newer engine with another tranny to gearbox? And what driveshaft you use? It's very important for safety driving, as i know... I think, civic (5, 6gen) or Integra driveshaft will not fit to us!

OldSchoolSwap
05-16-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Paul Aerodeck86
But if i take a newer engine with another tranny to gearbox? And what driveshaft you use? It's very important for safety driving, as i know... I think, civic (5, 6gen) or Integra driveshaft will not fit to us!

Shafts HAVE to be custom made or if your going with placeracing mounts, then get there axles as well. That would be the safest way.
That is also the way I will be going with my new project onece everything gets back to normal from my accident.

superaccord
06-11-2002, 09:52 AM
hey, where would be the best place to get a b16 (the correct one i need) from? could you hook me up bro? place racings web site isnt up.

OldSchoolSwap
06-12-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by superaccord
hey, where would be the best place to get a b16 (the correct one i need) from? could you hook me up bro? place racings web site isnt up.
PlaceRacing does not sell B16's they sell the mount kit, for more info e-mail them for applications.

As far as getting the engine, I got mine in a local shop imported directly from Japan. Its a first generation motor with a cable tranny. You can find some online as well.

superaccord
06-12-2002, 09:03 AM
is the cable tranny the only one we can put in our cars? i worded that all wrong, i knew place racing didnt have motors. so i need a first generation, or any generation?

OldSchoolSwap
06-12-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by superaccord
is the cable tranny the only one we can put in our cars? i worded that all wrong, i knew place racing didnt have motors. so i need a first generation, or any generation?
The first generation is the only one that comes cable that I know of. That will be the easiest swap, unless you want to do a conversion to hydrolic wich is not worth the time and money in my opinion.
Stick with cable.

superaccord
06-13-2002, 02:26 AM
thanks

MoonScryer
06-13-2002, 04:09 AM
I've been told, but don't quote me, but the S1 tranny from the B16A1 can bolt up to later B series engines, hence cable transmisson. Don't know, check around.

gr3k0sLaV
06-13-2002, 05:11 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1836057388

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1836192410

How's this :

EF9 CIVIC B16A 1600cc VTECH MANUAL SIR $3000
That's a front cut with the wiring, tranny and all that.

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/images/b16a.jpg

Or check out this :

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/honda.htm

I figure i can get a b16a here for around $3000AU, get the mounts and shit from Place racing roughly $1260 for the motor mounts, then add the axles and shifter ummm add roughly $400-500

=$4760 the engine, swap kit and all....then add another couple of hundred to get the engine swap done, i say for around under $5500 i might be able to get away with getting an engine swap done.

Then get it turbo'd...........
add another $4000-5000

then we'll be talking business.

OldSchoolSwap
06-13-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by MoonScryer1
I've been told, but don't quote me, but the S1 tranny from the B16A1 can bolt up to later B series engines, hence cable transmisson. Don't know, check around.

You are correct!

superaccord
06-13-2002, 08:56 AM
woah, $5ooo what? where u getting your motor? i can find one with 30,ooo miles on it for 12-1500. i can get my parts and be ready for the swap right around 3000. then of cource turbo, and guys up here can make me one it will cost around 500 as long as i find a turbo from a talon or something

gr3k0sLaV
06-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Im talking in Australian dollars here.

$3000 to get the engine front cut which equates to about $1500 USD give or take.

superaccord
06-14-2002, 12:58 AM
gotcha

gr3k0sLaV
06-14-2002, 01:11 AM
Someone told me today dont run V-TEC with a turbo....he said because the compression was too high...hmmm is that true?

OldSchoolSwap
06-14-2002, 04:34 AM
wrong.
you can run turbo. More than 8 psi is not recomended if no internals are done.

gr3k0sLaV
06-14-2002, 04:47 AM
Yer that's what I thought. But I couldn't be sure.

8psi turbo ain't too bad.......i was reading on lude speed that some guy with a turbo b20 lude motor had his stock at 12psi, it's just a matter of having good fuel delivery and not running lean.

It would be the same for the b16's?

If you were wanting to run NOS + Turbo at 8psi on stock, would the engine be able to handle it?

my dream setup would be b16a turbo + nos....thump any v8 falcon or commodore shit box around this one horse backwards town.

Ive actually been looking around at engine swaps, wouldn't mind doing one next year, providing things improve financially, and I stay with my job......

When that time comes, i swear juan Ill be hounding you for info :D
ill even personally fly you over here to supervise the swap....you can get all your food, accomodation provided freely....once it's over, ill drop you off at the US embassy, they can get you home :)

OldSchoolSwap
06-14-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by gr3k0sLaV
Yer that's what I thought. But I couldn't be sure.

8psi turbo ain't too bad.......i was reading on lude speed that some guy with a turbo b20 lude motor had his stock at 12psi, it's just a matter of having good fuel delivery and not running lean.

It would be the same for the b16's?

If you were wanting to run NOS + Turbo at 8psi on stock, would the engine be able to handle it?

my dream setup would be b16a turbo + nos....thump any v8 falcon or commodore shit box around this one horse backwards town.

Ive actually been looking around at engine swaps, wouldn't mind doing one next year, providing things improve financially, and I stay with my job......

When that time comes, i swear juan Ill be hounding you for info :D
ill even personally fly you over here to supervise the swap....you can get all your food, accomodation provided freely....once it's over, ill drop you off at the US embassy, they can get you home :)

12 psi on a stock B16 is not a good idea, even if more fuel and spark have been added. It'll take internal engine work to get the engine to stay in one pice.

8 psi Turbo+N2O would equal about 12psi Turbo wich gives you the same answer as above. Lots of internal work before you go Turbo & N2O.

Vacation does have a good sound to it! :D

gr3k0sLaV
06-15-2002, 07:01 AM
YOu ever been down to Australia?

we have some pretty good looking women around here, not as many fat ones as in the US :)

What's your long term plans with your motor, after you've gotten it all put back in and everything brought back to how it was originally?

you going to do an internal rebuild? turbo etc?

the b20 is looking like more tempting option each time i read more about it, considering that it's waaay easier to get shit for it, including turbo manifolds.

It'd be the thing i get done after im finishing with audio, tinting, cosmetics, etc.

I just hope there is a place in australia that can do the swap for me.