PDA

View Full Version : headunit is wierd.

zchb9
10-29-2003, 02:46 PM
Hey,
My headunit is a Koss and came with the car. The wiring harnesses are broke so the cable are duck taped together cause i havn't had a chance to get new ones. But the wierd thing is that it plays burnt cds no problem, but actual cds it won't play until its warmed up for about 5- 10 min. I've never heard of this before. I've heard of them not playing burnt cds. Another thing is there any way to make it keep memory without the wiring harness its no big deal but gets annoying having to tune radio station every time i turn off car. Thanks

Mac
10-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Sounds like it's time for a new head unit. Check fuse #11 under the hood in the relay/fuse box for the memory. Also make sure the white/ yellow wire is connected to head unit.

g0ldfinGa
10-29-2003, 03:39 PM
yea thats a shitty HU get a new one

zchb9
10-29-2003, 04:07 PM
well it came with it and im trying to get the needed things first like exhaust cause its ate out and whatnot so new headunit will have to wait unless i find one for cheap. i went out and looked for the white wire and the fuse. the fuse is good cause i just changed it cause i thought that was the one for the clock but the clock still doesn't work so i dunno which fuse it was and i found a yellow wire coming from the headunit but couldn't find a white one. so ill just reprogram it everytime lol. thanks

zero.counter
10-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Which model is it? That is odd about the CD-Rs with CDA files initializing faster than the regular CDs. Have you verified that the store bought albums are not utilizing some type of copyright protection? Fro example, the last Korn album would not play on shitloads of cd players. The technology was easy to thwart with a sharpie and a post it note.

Mac, whats up with fuses man?

Mac
10-29-2003, 04:29 PM
OK, for the clock there is another fuse, #2 in the dash fuse box. You did check fuse #11 under the hood right? The yellow wire from the head unit should connect to the white/yellow wire from the car harness. The white/yellow wire should be in with the radio wires in the car.

Originally posted by zero.counter

Mac, whats up with fuses man?

Well, fuses burn out, and they are easy to check and replace. Also it is a good starting point when troubleshooting.

g0ldfinGa
10-29-2003, 04:43 PM
cheap, new hu http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3056101618
sounds so nice

zchb9
10-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks guys i went back out there in the cold and found the wire tucked behind some other connected them and now it keeps memory!! thanks again

Mac
10-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Yep that is nice. Alpine makes decent head units. That's a great price if it stays low.

g0ldfinGa
10-29-2003, 04:49 PM
last time i tried to sale it, it only made it to $42 but my reserve was $51 so i just relisted it, anyways i put it back on with no reserve now so hopefully someone will bid on it

Mac
10-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Well alrighty then. After you make the other repairs think about getting a better HU. Did you get the clock to work?

zero.counter
10-29-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Mac
Well, fuses burn out, and they are easy to check and replace. Also it is a good starting point when troubleshooting.
Understandable, but since that seems to be your first suggestion for everyfix on the accord, wouldn't it be logical for you to drop that suggestion of "checking fuses" in your signature. ;)

It's just a suggestion, no offense.

:smokin:

Mac
10-29-2003, 05:01 PM
No offense taken. It's just the way I was trained. As you can see I don't have a signature or avatar. I never really thought about having one, but I will keep your suggestion in mind. Actually it is a pretty good idea. Thanks.

zchb9
10-29-2003, 06:17 PM
yea i havn't got to the clock yet and i think imma get the exhaust bambamky is selling. then i might transfer the sony explode 52 x 4 headunit and the 2 10" bazooka subs outta the Z and put into accord for the winter while the Z sits in the garage.