PDA

View Full Version : Ease of parts for 3G?

diegoaccord
10-30-2003, 12:56 AM
Allright, since I dont have the 2000 Civic Si any more, Ive been pedaling a Crustang LX, and have a 94 Civic EX that needs everything-motor,trans, front end, interior, ect. Niether car fits me, I mean a Honda lover in a Mustythang, or a non running Honda?

I have found the exact replica of the 3G I had 2 years ago. White 89 DX sedan with both morrors, brown interior. Asking $1500. Should I get it? It will suck going from a blue Si to a 3G, so I guess Im gonna go for the B16A.

I need to know some things.

How hard are the B series to 3G parts to come by? It seems from reading this board that only OldSchool has parts. Is this true?

3G to 1G Integra bumpers, Id like some 88-89 Integra bumpers on a 3G, anyone tried it?

Either a JDM dash, or 2G Integra USDM/JDM dash. Anyone tried it?

And how hard are the SE-i brakes to obtain? on average.

I wouldnt mind rolling another 3G, but after rolling a blue Si, my car(and image, since people I know know I had an Si) has to be just as tight, meaning if I cant get these parts, no 3G. Or maybe I can try my hand at financing again:lol :lol :burn:

k-roy
10-30-2003, 01:07 AM
Good call. The 3g is a damn good car.

The B series engine can swap in with a kit from a place called Place Racing (PRI). Its about a grand for the mounts, harness conversion, axles and shifter. Do a search.
The 1st teg front bumper fits fine. Not sure about the rear.
I do not know about the dash. But a jdm 3g one should work fine.
Sei's are not too common, do some calling around at yards and you should be able to find one.
www.car-part.com is a good junkyard search engine.
Nopi.com can hook you up with pads, rotors and a master cylinder needed for the brake swap.
Good luck in your endevor.

diegoaccord
10-30-2003, 01:51 AM
I know about the parts, but I heard that PRI doesnt make them, and OldSchoolSwap got the left-over from them, so that would really screw things up.

Well I will know about the loan soon. Maybe I will be a 3G'er again.

k-roy
10-30-2003, 01:57 AM
You can get forged pistons, eagle rods and a turbo the A20 and say screw the B series alltogether.:D
Talk to sean, he can hook you up with the info.

jigga89SEi
10-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Is it true that pri don't make the mounts anymore?

k-roy
11-03-2003, 06:39 PM
I don't know. Call them.