PDA

View Full Version : Help w/fuel pump

jimsaccord
10-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Hey Guys got a question,

i got a 87 accord LXI, well the car has been sitting for 6 months and I just got the time to fix it. Anyways Im not getting any fuel to the rail. My Fuel pump fuse is good but I cant hear the pump turn on?? Is there a FP relay? I have seen 4 wires on the driver side in front of the rear tire, a black, 2 yellows, and a green with a red stripe. Are those the wires to the fuel pump? If so none of them have power going to them. Any help is apperciated guys, thanks.

BITESIZE
10-30-2003, 08:03 PM
doa search

Superman
10-30-2003, 09:22 PM
have someone listen under the hood near your vacuumn box in the upper passenger side under the hood. when mine when out i heard a clicking under there and i found my relay went out. so i just spliced into the power wire to the pump and hooked it up to the ignition rather than replace that damned thing

jimsaccord
10-30-2003, 09:28 PM
thanks for the help, whenever i use to start my car I would hear a click, now i dont. Im gonna check my main relay tomorrow and see if thats it. One question if that is bad will my injectors not get power?

k-roy
10-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Superman
have someone listen under the hood near your vacuumn box in the upper passenger side under the hood. when mine when out i heard a clicking under there and i found my relay went out. so i just spliced into the power wire to the pump and hooked it up to the ignition rather than replace that damned thing

That is not too bright of a thing to do. It can lead to premature pump failure. If you do not have a relay on say foglights it can melt the switch. So theoreticly it could melt the pump, equaling fire. Kaboom. But anyway if its that big of a deal just pocket some damn relays from a junkyard.

chriskatana
10-31-2003, 06:09 AM
Does the check engine light go off after a few seconds of having the ignition turned on?
When you turn the jey on, the lights on the dash light up, including the check engine light, it shoud go off after about 5 seconds, if it does not go off, its the main relay.

jimsaccord
10-31-2003, 07:26 AM
well its not the main relay, the check engine light doesnt come on. Plus the main relay clicks. (The main relay is under the dash on driver side?) I do have juice at the injector harness, but I cant hear the fuel pump come on?? Is the 4 wire plug in front of the rear tire the fuel pump harness??

chriskatana
10-31-2003, 07:56 AM
yes, main relay is on drivers side under the dash
not sure about the fuel pump plug location.

jimsaccord
12-07-2003, 06:10 PM
it was the pump, thanks

CHonda
04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
:)