PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

Qpats
10-31-2003, 01:58 PM
Ok I used to have a Accord 1989 LX but I had to sell it to move to another state... I have a Toyota Camry V6 SE now and I have a question.... For 3 or 4 days my car in the morning did not smoke at all and now since I put a can of gummout to clean the injection system and everything it seems like when I start de car when cold , there is a small puff of blue smoke... It lasts about 3 or 4 seconds then it is fine for the rest of the day...Could putting some of that stuff in my tank make the car smoke? it was not thick but thicker than water and it was reddish.... The car runs fine... Could it be the valve guides or that stuff put in the car makes it smoke a lil???

AZmike
10-31-2003, 10:17 PM
I bet it's your valve stem seals

300700'88lx-i
10-31-2003, 10:44 PM
My family has two camrys, an 85 and a 97. Both of them have the same problem of putting out smoke when the car is first started after an extended period of not being run. My dad had the Toyota dealer check the problem on our 97 Camry, and it was indeed the valve stem seals that were worn. I have seen other Toyotas that do the same thing, and they all seem to run fine. We didn't have the valve stem seals replaced because it would have cost too much. Both of our Camrys run fine even with a little smoke at start-up.

Qpats
11-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Thanks guys for your answers... By the way I love hondas... I would have kept my 3G but it was my second car and I needed to sell it to move to another state.. We used my wife's car to commute until she totalled it 3 weeks ago...That is why I have a camry now.....

I just changed the oil in it... I will see if it burns oil.... I doubt it does a whole lot...I think it is something like between half of a quart and 1 quart every 3500, 4000 miles....