PDA

View Full Version : waterspots

marc49
10-31-2003, 05:31 PM
Ok, Cara and I just bought an 03 Mazda protege (her car) it's the laser blue mica color..

Well, the fucking apartment sprinklers weren't adjusted right and shot over 6 ft and got the front of the car wet. Now there are water spots all over the front of the car. What is the best method to get water spots out? the spots are on the bumper, part of the hood and on the head light's

PogiLXI
10-31-2003, 08:16 PM
I think you just Wash and Dry with Shammy. Then Wax. though if the Watter sprinklers are on well watter, then it may have Oxidized the paint, only way to get that out is to use compound.

dXsquared
10-31-2003, 08:51 PM
clay bar??

Travis

Blue Impact
10-31-2003, 09:26 PM
You just have to hella wash and wax it, Marc, even though you can still somewhat see the spots if you look at then carefully from a certain angle. Good luck.

PogiLXI
11-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
You just have to hella wash and wax it, Marc, even though you can still somewhat see the spots if you look at then carefully from a certain angle. Good luck. Damnit Blue Impact Stop saying hella! Fat ass! hahahahahahaa

guaynabo89
11-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
clay bar??

use that.

Some type of cleaner to get it off, finish rub etc.
Then wax and waterspots will be fewer. If you put wax over the spots or any type of glaze all you will do is keep the water spots protected under a nice coat of wax.:D

k-roy
11-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Meguiars. Use #1 cleaner, #2 polish and #3 wax. Its pricey but well worth it, Your car will look bueatiful for years to come.

Dibbs
11-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by kroy
Meguiars. Use #1 cleaner, #2 polish and #3 wax. Its pricey but well worth it, Your car will look bueatiful for years to come.

:werd:

There's a mild abrasive in the Meguiars cleaner wax that should take care of that with no problem.

k-roy
11-04-2003, 07:13 AM
I do not like cleaner wax. Its a lazy excuse. But it should work fine.

Dibbs
11-04-2003, 07:18 AM
I do not like cleaner wax. Its a lazy excuse. But it should work fine.

Damn dude. I thought I was in love with Meguiars products. You need help. :D

danronian
11-04-2003, 09:25 AM
I got all of the well water spots off of my malibu's year old paint with pure carnuba wax(turtle wax). It took all day but was worth it. The paint looks better then when it came out of the booth. I wouldnt use a cleaner wax if a carnuba wax would do b/c the cleaner is generally somewhat harmful to paint. Just keep a nice layer of wax on the car and the overshooting sprinklers will be no prob. Try some plastic wax on the headlights, its hard to find but makes plastic lights look real nice, clean and shiny.

Blue Impact
11-05-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by PogiLXI
Damnit Blue Impact Stop saying hella! Fat ass! hahahahahahaa

Got a problem with fat people? You must have HELLA issues with FAT PEEPS, huh? :D

cdscowboy
11-05-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
Got a problem with fat people? You must have HELLA issues with FAT PEEPS, huh? :D

(hint: Southpark :))

k-roy
11-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Dibbie
Damn dude. I thought I was in love with Meguiars products. You need help. :D

I just found a Meguiar's store here in town. They have a small sign that says Meguiar's. I did a quick double take and pulled a quick U-turn in the middle of traffic and almost caused a pileup. I walked in and took a huge whiff of the air and said "I must be dreaming", it smelled HELLA AWESOME! They only sell Meguiar's products. They have absolutely everything. I managed to only spend $80. I have never had much luck at finding much of a selection.

You are right, I do need help.:sadwave:

ICEMAN707
11-05-2003, 03:31 AM
yeah water spots on a very sunny hot day can be like magnifying glasses burning through your clearcoat and through the paint. that's why you should never wash or wax your car under direct sunlight. but anyways, use clear coat polish. dont use wax, it just washes off when you soap your car when washing it.

danronian
11-05-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by ICEMAN707
but anyways, use clear coat polish. dont use wax, it just washes off when you soap your car when washing it.

Sometimes the waterspots are only deposits left by evaporated water and then wax will work just fine. I think it is worth a try since if you use polish your essentially rubbing some of the clear coat off, this is something I do on my 89 accord with a half beat clear coat but on a new paint job it's all about making it last.

k-roy
11-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by danronian
Sometimes the waterspots are only deposits left by evaporated water and then wax will work just fine. I think it is worth a try since if you use polish your essentially rubbing some of the clear coat off, this is something I do on my 89 accord with a half beat clear coat but on a new paint job it's all about making it last.

There is a polish that is safe for clearcoat. Use Meguiars:D

deadlight
11-06-2003, 01:37 AM
I must agree with Kroy, meguiars all the way, I'll admit, I use mothers too though.

k-roy
11-06-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by deadlight
I must agree with Kroy, meguiars all the way, I'll admit, I use mothers too though.

I use Mothers chrome polish. It is the only non Meguiars stuff I use.

deadlight
11-06-2003, 06:28 AM
Man that's freaky, same here.

PortugalFocus
11-06-2003, 03:48 PM
I used meguiars spray and wax.... it rocked and the car super shinned

blok2400
11-07-2003, 07:31 PM
Yeah i kinda waxed my car today in the sunlight. :burn: that damn sun came out of nowheref it was quite cloudy. Anyway since its been brought up anybody got any ideas about removing those insect marks left from going about 80 on a country road?

k-roy
11-08-2003, 06:13 AM
Bug and Tar remover. it works well. I think turtle wax makes it. Let it soak for a while then wash it off really well. You will need to wax after using it.

danronian
11-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Bug and Tar remover. it works well. I think turtle wax makes it. Let it soak for a while then wash it off really well. You will need to wax after using it.

That stuff I would call a last resort b/c it is real harsh to paint whenever I just rubbed with a wet cloth. I would first try one of those bug removing sponges, they work really well and generally dont scratch the paint. Thats what I use on the malibu and I get that car spotless from top to bottom after splattering bugs going 120.

blok2400
11-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Thanks ill try that this weekend and see what happens.

SeattleSilver
12-11-2003, 07:20 PM
WENOL....WENOL......WENOL

www.wenol.com

THIS WILL TAKE ANY WATER SPOTS OFF OF WINDSHIELD

k-roy
12-12-2003, 03:37 AM
OMFG!
"Use these products with caution and never use them on or near your painted surfaces."

Wenol is some harsh shit. It has its uses, but not on cars.

SeattleSilver
12-12-2003, 11:00 AM
yeah thats why I was saying only on windshield....would never use it on paint but it taks that stuff off windsields like a PRO