PDA

View Full Version : New Cap And Rotor!

HondaBoy
10-31-2003, 06:20 PM
i decided to go look at how much the cap and rotor would be. thats one the distributor for anyone who didnt know. anyway, i went to autozone cuz they had them in stock and were cheaper than O'reilly auto parts. it was $12 for the cap and about $2 for the rotor. not too bad. well, they gave the TEC one, i think thats the same as the Toyo Denso one? well that wasnt the one i needed, so i had to take that back. the one i needed was the Hitachi compatable. this wasnt the only problem i had. wouldnt you believe it, the top screw broke off in the distributor! i about shit myself wondering how the fuck i would ever get that out. i decided to try drilling it out, and after drilling with 3 different size bits, it finally caught on the drill bit and came out. luckyly, the screw still fits in the hole and threads in. i would reccomend putting some penetrating oil of some sort on the screw if you have this problem so not to break it off in the hole. anyways, this new cap and rotor seems to have made small, but quite noticeable difference in how fast i can accelerate. it also doesnt knock anymore when i accelerate in mid range rpms. so i guess that solves another problem. the cap and rotor i took off are original and werent burnt up or anything, but they were visually worn out. i took my friend for a ride and he wondered what the hell i did to make it give more push. so there, i can tell it does have a tiny bit more power.

1988starter
10-31-2003, 06:38 PM
Nice I will be doing it again soon because the ignition and coil I have seems to eat through them

HondaBoy
11-01-2003, 05:35 PM
today, its been warm out when i was driving. my car usually loses power during the hot part of the day. now, im not noticing it! im going to look into getting a MSD ignition. maybe that would also increase my gas mileage. i guess that will be a good thing to get a new ignition considering mine is original and old.