PDA

View Full Version : Accord just got new paint (color change)

isadisa
11-01-2003, 01:30 PM
What does everyone think? the car used to be blue....

http://www.speedoptions.com/profiles/driverview.php?id=28998

I plan to replace the fog lights (since one broke), get some new rims + tires (17's), and finish the interior (it will be black with purple accents), then probably add a header....then I'll need more ideas

Yes, I know it has pink pinstripes, but I'm a girl, so I can get away with it, right?

The sticker on the back window says "Honda, girls go fast too!" the pictures didn't turn out that great because of the sun...

badmanferg
11-01-2003, 01:50 PM
those pinstripes are killin me ma, maybe if the paint was 4 shades darker.....

bless....:D

-kevin

zinj
11-01-2003, 03:22 PM
I like the base color... I guess I'm too traditional for the stripes though. :D

Personally, I think the accents in the interior would look a lot better if the rest of the interior was darker. On the other hand, it could just be that the sunlight in the photos makes it look washed out.

Overall, I think it looks good, and make sure you post pics when you get the 17s on!

G Man89
11-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Looks nice, and the pinstipe doesn't look to bad. I was reading your driver profile and I was wondering if you know what year and model your AEM TRU-Power Pulley came from.

zero.counter
11-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Nice looking ride. I love the exhaust, thats where i am going next. The pink is reminiscent of that S2000. Whatcha look like?

SteveDX89
11-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by zero.counter
Whatcha look like?

:lol I remember someone got flamed for looking for chicks on the board. That just reminded me of that.

The car looks good. You just gotta get your headlights fixed so they go back down and paint your mouldings.

zero.counter
11-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by SteveDX89
:lol I remember someone got flamed for looking for chicks on the board. That just reminded me of that.

Couple of things:
1. That guy was a noob.
2. He actually solicited a personal
3. I asked an innocent question
4. I love flamers, read my previous posts
5. I am married
6. I fail to see the similarities

:lol

Back to the home work...

SteveDX89
11-01-2003, 07:17 PM
I didn't say you were, I said that it reminded me of that kid.

Back to the home work...

myaccord7
11-01-2003, 11:40 PM
that blue was a great blue

zach

kicker1_solo
11-02-2003, 12:21 AM
Car looks good, shaved emblems on the trunk looks even better. :)

PortugalFocus
11-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by badmanferg
those pinstripes are killin me ma, maybe if the paint was 4 shades darker.....

killing me like you have no idea..... lose the pink....... Christ lose the pink

Justin86
11-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Looks pretty good. You need to paint the trim black too. It would look sooo much better and smooth. Well I don't know what to say about the pink.... omg white could have been a better chioce but whatever. :)

slammedLXI
11-02-2003, 08:08 PM
shoulda painted the whole pink instead of doing pink pinstripes!

PogiLXI
11-02-2003, 09:08 PM
give me some hooks ups for that AEM pully for the PS pump.

blazin3gen
11-02-2003, 09:14 PM
yup looks good except fo the pin stripes but its great to see another girl that loves 3rd gens :D

MrBen
11-02-2003, 10:16 PM
Looks good! Polish those brake lights, and use some bumper stuff to make the top part of the bumper black. Then you will have a very nice 3g :)

PortugalFocus
11-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
.....Polish those brake lights, and use some bumper stuff to.....

who's got Polish brake lights?

PortugalFocus
11-03-2003, 08:21 AM
:lol :lol :lol

NXRacer
11-03-2003, 09:08 AM
i'm liking the placement of the pinstripes. i'm usually a big fan of pin stripes, but those look pretty cool. Its a pretty nice looking car all around.

isadisa
11-03-2003, 09:43 AM
ok, I was already planning on painting the bumper trim, I already did the rest of the trim when in was off for paint...I just haven't felt like mashing masking tape onto my new paint yet, I didn't paint them before because I was worried about overspray (which there wasn't any, lol) I was also planning on doing something with the taillights, I think there is some sort of marine plastic cleaner that I can use.

As far as the AEM Pulley goes....my fiance has a ton of misc. aftermarket parts in the garage and when he was changing the pulley to put a new p/s pump on he looked at the pulley funny, then started digging through boxes and found this blue pulley and put in on and it works fine ever since. A long time ago I posted the part number on this board, if nobody can find it let me know and I'll go get it off the pulley again and post it.

The interior is still mostly blue, but we are re-doing that this winter so it will be all black with either pink or purple accents.

Thanks for all your opinions!!

MrBen
11-03-2003, 10:00 AM
I used this plastic polish made by Meguiars. It came in a blue bottle and works great. First I used goof off to clean off the film of crap, then polished. Looks new now, and lasts for a long time.

Bloodlust
11-03-2003, 10:15 AM
IMO lose the pinstripes. Maybe a deeper tone of the body color.

G Man89
11-03-2003, 11:51 AM
Here is the thread that has the AEM pulley #.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13477

isadisa, does the steering feel different with the pulley?

k-roy
11-03-2003, 06:15 PM
I was looking at the car before I read the post and I had about a dozen "damn you must be a flamer" comments brewing in my head. I guess pink is ok for a girl, not for a guy.
I personally do not like pinstriping but if you like it its cool.