PDA

View Full Version : car wont start

kustomlxi
11-01-2003, 09:51 PM
ok i have a big problem i cant get my acr to start it was caught in a flood and it started one time and wont start again anybody know any problems it could be thanks for the help

bambamky
11-02-2003, 03:33 PM
well the starter might be fried! could have gotten water in the block there could be a # of things water is a good thing but it can seriously destroy cars! Ill bet the starter is fried!

nswst8
01-06-2004, 05:19 AM
Ever hear the word "HYDROLOCK" Flood, water. this is where water enters the engine through the air intake, which could do alot of things fry your spark plugs. LOL
NSWST8

Dibbs
01-06-2004, 06:31 AM
I would definatly try new plugs, inspect wires, cap & rotor, coil for water damage, wear and/or spark delivery. Check fluids for water, replace what needs replacing then try to start it up.

Blkblurr
01-13-2004, 08:48 AM
If your engine turns over then your starter is working. I would replace all fluids in your engine before I did anything. Unless you completely clean your throttle body and all air passage ways after the air cleaner, you will greatly shorten the life of your engine. Dirt and tiny grains of sand will be in there and will get into your cylinders, rings and pistons and will pit your valves. You will need to flush your crank case as well with something like kerosene mixed with clean motor oil once you can get it to turn over. Do not do this with the engine capable of starting. I would do this with the spark plugs taken out and the electrical connectors removed from the injectors. Drain the kerosene/ oil and do it again. clean out all vacuum lines with air pressure once they are removed from the engine of just replace them. Check your pcv valve and tube and flush this with kerosene.

shepherd79
01-13-2004, 10:04 AM
if i was you, i would remove the spark plugs, and turn the engine a few times. it should forse some water out of the cylinders and intake manifold.
i would recomend replacing the oil filter and engine oil.

Bioforge
01-13-2004, 04:31 PM
ditto, I have learned from off roading that an air hose is your friend when you flood your engine, drain all fluids, blow it all out with an air hose, then fill, and drain again to get all the debris out...with the plugs out, go to tdc of each cylinder, and blow air though the throttle body, this should get most of the water and crap out...finally fill everything back up, but dont put the plugs in, crank it over for 5 sec, put the plugs in, and crank it up...should run rough for a min or 2, then be fine.