PDA

View Full Version : Charge Light On while driving Accord

vasile
11-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Accord 87 carburetor A/T 200K miles / after driving like 8 miles the Charge Warning Light turns on,
and the idle speed goes up like 2K. While accelerating if the rpm goes more then 3K / 4K than the Charge
Warning Litght goes off. It's hard to drive so high anyway. When turning the engine off have a Diesel
effect, too much gas, too high rpm. What's that, somebody has any ideea ?

MrBen
11-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Either your alternator is bad, voltage regulator is bad, belt for the alternator is broken or loose, or there is a wiring problem in the charge circuit.

jigga89SEi
11-04-2003, 12:16 AM
i'm having the same prob...i'm come to the conclusion that it's my distributor....Is there red dust under ur hood?

1988starter
11-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Pit a voltage meter on your battery while the car is running and see what the alternator outs out then have a friend rev the engine till the light comes on and see if what the volage is. You should see between 13.5-14.2 volts

vasile
11-09-2003, 12:29 AM
:) :) OK it was the alternator. I checked first the choke heater, the EFE thing, all was OK, so only the alt was my prbl. I searched on this site about the knowhow of pulling it out, (of course I did not take the drive shaft out). (so burn that Haynes manual whoever bought it) I slided the thing to the passenger side, took out the coolant, unpluged some cooling hoses, a push here, there. It works. So I have to thank to all these guys here who teached me the works.
Thanks.

POS carb
11-10-2003, 08:26 AM
by unbolting the side engine mount you can jack up the motor enough to slide the alt out from underneath, nothing else needs to be removed (other than the alt. wires, belt, duh.)