PDA

View Full Version : Cable shifter?

possum
11-02-2003, 11:15 PM
Are any of the manual trannies in the 3rd Gen cable shift?

The reason I ask is the auto center consol has a small hole where the auto shift cable bolts up. I suspect to make this a manual shift the entire housing where that automatic shift cable bolts up to would need to come out. In its place would go the manual assembly with shift rod and braket.

Guess I will pull the exhaust system out to make things easier to get at. Then I can bend the heat sheild and start pulling bolts to get the linkage assemby out. The two small bolts on the front part of the upper manual shift housing loosen from top, but the rear one seem to loosen from underneath.

Yesterday I got the engine/transmission out from my DX doner car. Only thing left is the shift linkage and shifter. Well that and the pedal arraingement.

anyone got pics of the shifter from underneath?

bboipinoy112
11-02-2003, 11:52 PM
all 5spd trannies in 3geez are cable clutches. . . the shifter from underneath is just exactly how it will look when u pull it from the donor car lol .. i dont kno how to explain it, but .. there are 6 bolts that hold down the 5spd shift plate, and the 2 closest to the rear of the car has about 2in. bolts that bolt onto the shifter rods.. uhmm iono what else.. and sorry .. i cant take pics cause i cant even fit my arm under the car cause its so damn low.. i hope what i just said helped out