PDA

View Full Version : Looking to replace front speakers, again.

danronian
11-03-2003, 06:42 AM
Last year I replaced the deck with a pioneer unit and replaced all the speakers in the car and added a sub and amp. I replaced the fronts first before I got into the car audio thing at all and made the mistake of using jensen 2way 6 1/2's. The head unit has a feature which sends the low frequencies to the back and the higher frequencies to the front but the jensens just blew a week ago. I want to replace them with something in the $100 to $150 range but at the same time dont want to have to amplify them. I have tested out the speakers at sears with a pioneer head unit like mine and I found the clearest sounding speakers to be sony X-plod 3-way 5 1/4's (the new design, w/o foam surrounds). Any opinions on some speakers other then these sony's in my price range (or comments about these)? I want clear highs and mids and little to no bass. I can go anywhere up to 6 1/2". I also want something that is going to last longer then the jensens did. I am not the best at car audio so please forgive my "newbieness".

shepherd79
11-03-2003, 09:38 AM
stay away from SONY speakers or any other SONY car audio because they suck.
I would recomend for you to visit local car audio stores. there are many good speakers, you just have to listen to them.

Bloodlust
11-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Yes like our kind mod suggested, go to a local car audio department. Or look up any speaker that Kenwood, or MB Quart makes on ebay. You might get lucky and find some in that price range. I know MB Quart (Every speaker in my car including my sub is MB Quart) so if you have any questions PM me.

Bloodlust
11-03-2003, 09:46 AM
These are actually the same exact speakers I have for my fronts, and looks like you would get them for cheaper than I paid.

*Edit* The guy seems to be bashing on his own product. And I forgot that they had crossovers. (Just got up a like 20 minutes ago :tongue: )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3056795778&category=18799:tongue: