PDA

View Full Version : no power on left turns

POS carb
11-03-2003, 08:39 AM
dsamn my engine revs up while I make left turns and the car starts slowing down. I would guess the diff. is messed up but the gears are not noisy. My car is automatic btw.

:help:

shepherd79
11-03-2003, 09:31 AM
did you check the fluid level in the trans?

POS carb
11-03-2003, 12:03 PM
yea I also flushed it and put 2 coolers, still nothing. Sometimes it does it a lot and sometimes it doesn't happen (on slower turns)
Could my axle be popping in and out?

shepherd79
11-03-2003, 01:15 PM
grab the axel and try moving it. if it has more than .5 " of play they are bad.

A20A1
11-05-2003, 11:28 AM
It's the ATF being forced out of the torque convertor.

Well thats my theory anyways.

I've always had a big jump in torque on right turns I think the fluid transfer is also responsible for the sudden shifting In-and-out of gears when turning right.

BITESIZE
11-05-2003, 11:57 AM
When I had my automatic in, my car did the same thing, turned out to be the coil.

drknow
11-05-2003, 12:34 PM
Mine does it too...PM me if you get it fixed and tell me how.

POS carb
11-05-2003, 12:47 PM
i don't think it's the coil because the car revs like when someone is letting in the clutch, then it grabs when the wheel is straight.

Mike that used to be my theory but it happens at different speeds and not all the time. The converter was replaced when the tranny was rebuilt but the shop didn't use a Honda one, it's some B.S. remanufactured one... It should still be good but I don't trust the shop's work at all so that's still a possibility. I overfilled the tranny to see if that could help but no change was noticable other than my car wanted to downshift more than usual.

never happens on right turns either and if the car is at a dead stop I can still make a full-tilt left turn, it only seems to happen while the car is moving like 15+mph