PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is this coming from

Chrome_thangs
06-24-2002, 12:48 PM
Damn if it aint one thing it's another!!!

I just got my starter put in today and i'm out riding when i here a sound like water leaking in my engine and turning to steam. So, i pull over and look under the hood. There was steam from the coolant rising from between the air box on the back of the throttle body and the brake fluid cup.

What the hell is wrong now? I'm thinking it's the water pump(i hope) Or maybe it's the gasket/o-ring in the water pump?

While i have your attention i'd like to ask ya'll a question. Is it possible to sabotage a car? O.K. this is what i mean. I think the guy i take my car to is doing something to it because he knows how i love my car and will pay any amount of money to get it fixed. In the last month my Alternator, Starter, and Water pump have messed up. Is does seem unusual to you? Have something similar happened to you?

accordlx
06-24-2002, 02:16 PM
It is very possible to sabotage a car. Sabotage by shady garages is done every day. This isn't limited to "Mom & Pop" garages in some out of the way city but is done at mainstream shops too. I know of a local Firestone who is famous for doing this.

Brian Bosworth who used to play professional football remarked in an ancient Sport Illustrated article that he used to work for GM on thier assembly line. He used to take bolts and tie them on strings and suspend them between bolt on body parts causing a rattling sound that you couldnt find unless you disassembled the car.

It is very easy to sabotage a water pump by intentionally leaving the bolts improperly torqued when putting it on. You can do the same thing on a starter by loosening the electrical connections. My suggestion to you would be to take your car to different shop and see if your problems magically go away.

GreenMachine
06-24-2002, 03:14 PM
DIDO man I expeirenced this about 2 years ago.
Had vacumn leak problems started taking to this mechanic who was supposed to be really good with carbs. Next thing you know I need a new carb. Then he says ya better make sure ya don't run this low on fuel cuase the pump will go on you, Next thing you know 2 weeks later need a new pump! then a few other little things. Then I needed warranty on the carb 4 months later and he was shutdown. So know warranty.

Yeah work on it yourself man - save lots of money and learn more about the car or try and take it somewhere alse and see if anything changes :stick:

pimp86LX
06-24-2002, 04:10 PM
:eek: :eek:

STupid crookid mechanics...one time this stupid guy punctured our brand new rad, so my dad punched him in the face...funniest thing i ever seen

he never got charged cause the guy was crookid, never went there again..heh heh

POS carb
06-24-2002, 06:21 PM
bring your cars to me! :D

ACCORD EX
06-25-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by POS carb
bring your cars to me! :D

now you 'll know the real meaning of sabotage ! :D :D :lol

J/K

MIKE

Chris86Lxi
06-25-2002, 02:33 PM
FUCK FIRESTONE!!! Firestone has nothin to do with it but accordlx mentioned them and i had to vent.. I hate those bastards with all my soul. They are the stupidiest people on earth and try to fuck every soul over possible.
Sorry,

Chris

Jdub07
06-25-2002, 02:42 PM
OH man I had the same shit happen...first it was a fuel line then it was brakes, two months later my breaks went out, took it back and they fixed it but 2 more months later the breaks went out again. This time I just got my money back and went to another shop,...OHHHHHHHHHHHH and every time I got my car back from that fuck dirty bitch I could smell sooooo much clutch those mother fuckers! I hope their shop burns down to the fuckin ground!

ps. How do you know when your fuel pump is working improperly? Also is it true that if you run low on gas often it will reck your fuel pump?

pric
06-25-2002, 02:43 PM
Is your mechanic that you take your car to give you some vasaline before he hand's you the bill? because you are getting FUCKED!!!!

Chrome_thangs
06-25-2002, 05:39 PM
No..............kinda feels like KY Jelly J/K
Ya, i'm going to switch mechanics or try it myself, how hard of a job is the water pump?

ACCORD EX
06-26-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Chrome_thangs
No..............kinda feels like KY Jelly J/K
how hard of a job is the water pump?

i 've seen it before ,never done it !
but i can say it's not easy !
grap a hynes manual and download the service manual on PAUL 's site ! www.pauldesign.ru/honda/

enjoy !

MIKE