PDA

View Full Version : team del sol intake Q

bobafett
06-24-2002, 02:29 PM
do i follow these directions exactly. or should i make the piece that comes off of the throttle body short, like we have to do with a civic short intake setup?

i am gonna see about buying the parts for this shit tonight, and maybe installing it tomorrow! :)

i have been told before that you can hear the air sucking when using CAI or just a regular intake, is this true? if so i cant wait... lol

also, will i have to remove the bumper like they do in the guide? i am not too sure how to do that, is it tough??

gimme some feedback here guys!!!

TeKKnoTeKK
06-24-2002, 02:59 PM
It defiently makes it easier to remove the bumper but you could get away without doing that.....under where the filter will go there is a soft rubber piece that can be taken off/moved. You can pretty much follow those instructions exactly but I would add a 2" straight piece right there by the intake manifold before the CAI starts to bend. It is true you can hear it sucking air but really the only time I can hear it good is when I turn the car off.

88LXi68
06-24-2002, 03:42 PM
You shouldnt have to remove the bumper. Just unscrew the plastic piece on the bottom and you will be able to access inside the bumper.

TeKKnoTeKK
06-24-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 88LXi68
You shouldnt have to remove the bumper. Just unscrew the plastic piece on the bottom and you will be able to access inside the bumper.

Hmmmm...thanks for reiterating that :rolleyes:

88LXi68
06-24-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK

Hmmmm...thanks for reiterating that :rolleyes:

geez sorry i didnt read you reply carefully enough :rant:

TeKKnoTeKK
06-24-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 88LXi68

geez sorry i didnt read you reply carefully enough :rant:

lol....I was just messin with ya man, it's all good :D

bobafett
06-25-2002, 01:19 PM
well thanks for the advice... do you guys know how long it takes for jcwhitney to get the parts to us? i went to an exhaust shop, and the guy was making it into a big deal and didnt think it would work, so i am just gonna order online... :)

and i dont understand how you could hear the intake while the car is off!!! :(

TeKKnoTeKK
06-25-2002, 01:52 PM
It took me about a week or so to get it I think......and when I said I can hear it when I turn the car off I meant after I turn the key off there is a pretty loud sound of it sucking air. It only last for a few seconds :D