PDA

View Full Version : About the clutch...

LXIHATCHRIDE
11-04-2003, 06:56 AM
If I get a clutch from clutchmasters the OEM one how hard will it be to install it my self? Now Im removing the engine on to some cinder blocks to work on it for a while will i be straight If i installed it and about the flywheel is it possible to remove that and have a shop redo it?

k-roy
11-04-2003, 06:59 AM
Since you are pulling the engine it should be a piece of cake to install. Don't forget to get a new throwout bearing and grease it properly. Also get the clutch alignment tool, It will save you many headaches.
You should get the Honda factory manual from pauls site.
www.pauldesign.ru

shepherd79
11-04-2003, 07:28 AM
i just went to honda dealer yesterday and i asked them if they can shave my flywheel to make it new again.
they told me that honda does not offer that anymore and they don't recomend doing it because it will change the weight of the flywheel and it will have all kind of problems with a clutch.
you better of ordering a new flywheel.

LXIHATCHRIDE
11-04-2003, 02:14 PM
WHAT! I cant afford that! How much is it gonna cost? And can I get a cheap one?

k-roy
11-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Read shepherd79's sig, it should explain about getting a cheap flywheel. But why replace it? It probably just needs to be cleaned.

LXIHATCHRIDE
11-04-2003, 07:27 PM
I dont know Bro u think it just needs to be cleaned? If so what do I use what are the chances of a new flywheel to be needed? I mean I can still shift Its just that the clutch is really high!

k-roy
11-04-2003, 08:58 PM
The clutch is really high? Take it off the drugs man. Do you mean the clutch pedel needs to be raised up high to be used, if so it needs to be adjusted. You can use brake parts cleaner to clean the flywheel. As long as the teeth an the flywheel is are chewed up you do not have to replace it.