PDA

View Full Version : need help really really bad.

brianc85
06-24-2002, 03:04 PM
I bought my car from a used car dealership that my dad does some work for on the side. They got the car at an auction and the only thing is that there isnt any keys to the car. Well they hooked up this little ignition thing under the dash so i can start the car with a sqrew driver :lol They gave me another ignition to put into the car but i have no idea how to get the old one out of the sleeve that it is in. I was playing around with the new one and noticed that when the key is in the 1 position you can push that little button on the top in and if I could get the old ignition to do that I could probably slip it out right? Well thats about everything that i know about that. SO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIQURE OUT HOW TO GET IT OUT!!!

hondamanlxi
06-24-2002, 06:23 PM
ill tell you what..... i dont think id want a car w/o keys....sounds kinda hot( stolen) to me.

brianc85
06-24-2002, 06:31 PM
Thats the thing. It probably was stolen or something. They bought it at a police auction. The stereo was gone and the keys werent there. I already went and got new plates and tabs when i registered the title so it must be ok or else something would of came up. I got the ignition out but now. When puting it back in, there is this little medal thing in the cylinder that clicks back and forth. It controls the steering wheel lock. Does anyone know if I need to click it back before puting the new ignition in or do I leave it out.

PS - The car only has 120,000 miles on it and is in really good condition. I only bought it for 500 bucks so even if it was stolen at one time i got it for such a good price who cares. lol

89accordlxi
06-24-2002, 08:11 PM
I don't know if this helps but this is all I could dig up

Good Luck

Peace out

88turboaccord
06-25-2002, 12:11 AM
Have a locksmith do it, they have the tools to do such a task, I broke two of those before I got it right....