PDA

View Full Version : Help...!!!

Imran
11-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Guys.. on saturday I hit the embankment on the side of the road doing 45 ... and then went up on the embankment too.. i had to tow it out of there.. well..after the crash i had a leak in the radiator but i got that fixed but there is another problem.. my steering is very hard when i turn left but when i turn right it is very smooth. My CV joints have always been a problem specially the right one. I took it to the shop and the guy said its the steering rack that's busted and also the frame is a little bent too. he looked at the steering rack and it wasn't bent at all or anything but he said its probably inside that's busted. then i took it to another guy and he said its the ball joint assembly and the cv joints on both the sides that have to be replaced.. and each fixed is about a $300 expense.

can you guys tell me wats wrong and how i can get it fixed for cheap..

thanx a lot
Imran

danronian
11-04-2003, 07:44 PM
To me it sounds like it could be a combination of all of those things. I would first replace the cv joints (since they would need replacing anyhow), and then the ball joints after I made sure they were loose. But since it steers hard to the one side it could be the frame. To make sure if the frame is bent first do a visual inspection and then take it to a body shop and get an estimate to fix the frame. B/c you could end up replacing eveything in the suspension and still have the car turn strangley and wear tires badly if the frame is bent.