PDA

View Full Version : prelude heads

1hot89accord
11-04-2003, 08:04 PM
ok i have been goin through all that dual carb stuff and the prelude heads bolt up, BUT, can i put the prelude heads on just to raise compression with out goin to the dual carbs (which i will switch over too later) but can i put the cyl head on for a performance boost now? and if i get it what kind of power increase would i get and if it was ported and polished maybe more? or would that still be cool for my engine if i ported and polished the prelude head or would that effect my car in a bad way at all? just checkin before i get one soon, thanks guys :smokin:

3G Jester
11-04-2003, 08:26 PM
which lude engine

shepherd79
11-05-2003, 03:48 AM
no, if you going to use prelude head you will have no choice but go with dual carb setup. prelude head has diff bolt pattern for the intake manifold.

1hot89accord
11-05-2003, 03:28 PM
so in order to put on the lude head, ill need to go dual carb set up right away, and to do thaaat i need to get a custom intake manifold made correct?

k-roy
11-05-2003, 03:41 PM
The A18 prelude head allready has a dual carb manifols on it. They use keihns. If you want a Weber DCOE setup you will have to have a custom manifold made. A port and polish on the head and intake is a good idea. Also get the ports matched between the head and manifold.

1hot89accord
11-05-2003, 03:58 PM
what kind of custom manifold? so i would go to the junk yard, get a lude head (a18) and get it ported and polished, and intake manifold, but i keep gettin lots of confusing things between hearing and reading stuff between people, but i want to get this done soon as i can, so after i get that lude head and intake what will i say to the machine shop guy, besides "port and polish please" and then after that stuff is machined, what custom manifold am i gettin made? and this will fit 2 webber carbs too right? and to get those webbers on there, what webbers do i put on, 32/36's i think it is? well thanks for the help guys, but after im done ill get pics and show you the custom set up i have planned for that afterwards!!! its gonna be fuckin hot!

shepherd79
11-05-2003, 05:37 PM
no you don't have to make custom manifold. you can buy dual weber manifold from here http://www.twminduction.com/Home/Home-FR.html
they make the manifold, all you have to do is bolt the head to the block, bolt the intake with carbs connect and drive.

k-roy
11-05-2003, 05:42 PM
That is sweet. I could not find tha manifold on that site. How much is it? I just may have to do a head swap with a dual DCOE setup then.

wprocomp
11-06-2003, 03:58 PM
if I understand correctly the prelude head does flow better and you will have to use the prelude manifold...be aware though if you go to the junkyard be ready to have fun pulling it off becasue its has ALOT of frickin vaccum lines on it...this is really the easier route to go if you want to go DCOE's but from what I have messed with they are not really good for daily driving

funkytuqe
11-06-2003, 05:46 PM
http://wsbf.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6870&sid=c6e17a8cc562bdbb6b33ce4b4dde40e8

Go to that link, that guy is selling Prelude dcoe swap kits, it includes everything you need asside from the carbs.
The manifold is the same as the one in my sig. Its an awsome kit. Also make sure you get a head either from a A18 or ET2 prelude motor or else the head will not fit on your A20. As far as drivability, as long as you tune the carbs right, the streeability is fine in my experience.

shepherd79
11-06-2003, 05:50 PM
they used to have online catalog, but i can't find it anymore.
i think manifold was $300-350, but i am not sure. Call them and ask.

funkytuqe
11-06-2003, 05:57 PM
The Prelude manifold is no longer available from TWM. The company that supplied TWM with the prelude manifold (Autoquip New Zealand) shut down. Word of mouth is that there are some new ones floating around but no one knows where or how to get them. Just check out the link I posted, hopefully the guy still has some speedline mani's left!!