PDA

View Full Version : Im going to drop the engine (Questions)

LXIHATCHRIDE
11-05-2003, 08:00 AM
If I drop the engine will it be easy to replace all the gaskets solve those annoying oil leaks and other problems? Im going to put it on a cinder block and work from there... When Im not how should I keep it from getting moisture in it? I has to be kept outside im thinking about all the holes and everything I can put towels and tarps and shit like that?

But Im concerned about fixing all the problems like oil leaks and fixing th clutch.

pimp86LX
11-05-2003, 08:03 AM
cinder blocks? man just pay the $40-50 for a cheap engine picker, then you can wheel er' around and stuff...and keeping it outside? invest in a cover or tarp or something!

markmdz89hatch
11-05-2003, 08:33 AM
Pimp's right. You can get a decent engine stand with a swivel on it for $30-60. Well worth the investment.

As for the moisture, a tarp as pimp mentioned, will help. Also when you get an engine back from a machine shop I've seent that they use a strip of duct tape over the intake and exhaust ports on the head. Otherwise, be sure the keep the cam, and rest of the internals washed down in oil to keep them protected.