PDA

View Full Version : spoiler wiring

Stefi-blueLX
11-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Alright guys, worked on the Prelude enough, time for some cosmetics for the Accord! Got the 4th gen spoiler (for $15!, :D, I love being a girl). Anyway, need some wiring help. I found that other plug on the right side near the break light. Do I just hook it up to that somehow? Will this make that blasted brake light come on? (I'd prefer it not to). ANY PICS WOULD BE GREAT!!!! HINT HINT

Why isn't this in the FAQ/How to?

Anyway, thanks guys! ;)

catalin
11-05-2003, 10:24 PM
So you bought a spoiler with a light/LED bar on it?? and you'd like it to turn on with the brake lights??

neoblue89lxi
11-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Just tap into the rear brakelights on the trunk not the one inside the rear window.

chriskatana
11-06-2003, 06:31 AM
there is a wiring harnes that comes with the spoiler, not sure if it's the same on the 4th gens but my stock 3g spoiler had a harness that goes between the car wiring and the plug for the drivers brake light on the trunk lid. go back to the junk yard and fish around the trunklid, follow the spoiler wiring, and see where it's connected. or, just do what neoblue89lxi said.

edit: when I wired mine in, it made my "brake light out" indicator on the dash come on, I have to wire an inline resistor to make it go away, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

PortugalFocus
11-06-2003, 08:34 AM
if it doesnt come with a harness then just tap into the + on one of the trunk lid lights