PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. here's my Accord

Stegge
11-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Ok....
Click the link to watch some pictures of my Accord EX '89.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/yngve.gronberg/honda.html

PogiLXI
11-06-2003, 09:31 AM
how come you dont have flip lights??????

Vinny
11-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Nice clean car. Personally i'm not feeling alotta love for all the add on lights in the front and the trailer hitch but overall I like it. What are your plans for it?

Oh and he doesn't have flip lights because he's from Finland

NXRacer
11-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by PogiLXI
how come you dont have flip lights??????

euro style big shot

Stegge
11-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Why it don't have flip lights?

Probably because it's European... And they don't work well when the car is covered in ice in the winter.

My plans for the car... I just bought it, so I'll fix all those small problems I can find and take care of it and ENJOY IT!

NXRacer
11-06-2003, 09:40 AM
thats the first time i've seen an explination for why the euro accords dont have flip ups......veeerrrry interesting.

Vinny
11-06-2003, 09:49 AM
well I hope you ENJOY it, they are fun cars to own. I wish I could find a way and afford to convert to the euro style lights

markmdz89hatch
11-06-2003, 09:56 AM
I must admit, that paint is in great shape for the age. Actualy, on that note, the whole car looks to be in great shape. I'm a big fan of the euro front ends on the accords, but I can't bear the thought of losing my flip-ups.

Thanks for the pics, and welcome to the board.

Vinny
11-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
I'm a big fan of the euro front ends on the accords, but I can't bear the thought of losing my flip-ups.

I can bring myself to do it:wave: I just need to find a way to get the parts. Wonder what a hatch with a euro front would look like??????????????

NXRacer
11-06-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Vinny
I can bring myself to do it:wave: I just need to find a way to get the parts. Wonder what a hatch with a euro front would look like??????????????

:barf:

3rd GEN
11-06-2003, 03:00 PM
ya nice lookin ride...
i like the jdm versions too.. but i like my flip-ups better.
the euro version looks alot like an EF civic...

Bloodlust
11-06-2003, 03:17 PM
well I hope you ENJOY it, they are fun cars to own. I wish I could find a way and afford to convert to the euro style lights

Personally I dont like the euro style lights. I like the flip up lights on our cars. If they have the euro style lights it looks too much like something from the late 70's to very early 80's.

But anyways, nice car, and be a regular visitor here at 3geez!

PortugalFocus
11-06-2003, 03:21 PM
hope you have enough lights to see at night......

you must have one hell of an alternador to keep all those lights running......

Mike89Accordcom
11-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Looks nice, but ya too many lights.

foobari
11-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Stegge
Ok....
Click the link to watch some pictures of my Accord EX '89.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/yngve.gronberg/honda.html
Hi and welcome! Nice to see more people finding this great site with euro Accords!

Your car looks to be in an excellent condition, really nice paint... be sure to take good care of it!

http://www.kolumbus.fi/yngve.gronberg/Accord2.jpg
Now you just got to loose those extra lights in the front, you get soooo much cleaner look. And while you're at it, I recommend throwing in some 16" wheels and dropping the suspension a bit. Then you're all set!

Stegge
11-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Yeah I have been considering getting rid of those fog lights, but these xtra long-distance lights are very helpful especially in the autumn...

And foobari, I checked out your Accord. Nice one I have to say! After looking at it, I admit that a set of 16" or 15" wheels would be great, but with my poor income I can't do such an investment right now... :(

k-roy
11-07-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Stegge
Why it don't have flip lights?

Probably because it's European... And they don't work well when the car is covered in ice in the winter.

My plans for the car... I just bought it, so I'll fix all those small problems I can find and take care of it and ENJOY IT!

Thats weird, my popups always worked fine in the winter, even covered in ice and snow.
How about this setup guys? An Aerodeck with nonpopup headlights. Just think of how many times you can be a dick when someone calls it a Civic.:D

Dibbs
11-07-2003, 07:31 AM

That's what I want to do. I think it would give a bit of a CRX feel, only bigger. I PM'd Foobari about trying to find parts for me via junkyard and ship them. Even though I offered him money to make it worth his while, he didn't have that kind of time, which I understand. I don't mind droppin the cash, I just don't want to pay factory price. I want the euro rear bumper too like the one on Foobari's car. Not sure it's a direct fit to the Hatch though. I think a pair of Aerodeck tails would be nice on the hatch.

1989 DX R
11-07-2003, 08:10 AM
Dude, you guys over in Finland should have a 3Geez meet sometime! 1st International 3Geez meet ever!