PDA

View Full Version : overheating still ...

gekko
11-07-2003, 03:19 AM
when the radiator switch broke i made my switch in the car and changed my fluid and bleed it and it still overheats , but only when i go up a hill or somethin .... can it be my radiator ??
i have to drive with heat at max power all the time to not overheat ... my bottom radiator hose seems cold ??

shepherd79
11-07-2003, 04:14 AM
it is your thermostat.
if there are no coolant flowing through the radiator that means the thermostat got stuck in closed position. replace the thermostand and the gasket.

Mac
11-07-2003, 04:16 AM
Have you checked your thermostat? So are you running your fan at all times now?

k-roy
11-07-2003, 06:11 AM
The cold lower hose is not an issue, heat rises so in theory the top is going to be hotter than the bottom. I would say your water pump may be going bad. Luckily its cheap compared to other cars. Maybe 50 euros or something in that range.

gekko
11-07-2003, 09:36 AM
yepp fan on at all times and full heat , and the sunroof open ...

where is the thermostat ?? i never paid any att to it

Mac
11-07-2003, 02:07 PM
Follow the upper radiator hose. It attaches to the thermostat housing. Once the hose is off the housing there are 2 bolts to remove to get to the thermostat.

You mentioned that the bottom hose was cool to the touch. How about the upper hose. Is that cool also?

rocky2
11-08-2003, 03:57 AM
Also remember to buy a couple of new bolts. they break very easy. And hope a little sticks out so you can heat them up and remove with the use of some vice grips. But feeling hoses is the way to go because hondas will still though heat out and radiator will be cold,Also add coolent with patiance,come back every five minutes after you topped off radiator cause mordern rides just don't fill up full easy.

Mac
11-08-2003, 07:56 AM
If the upper hose is hot I believe that the thermostat is opening. If it isn't hot, but the engine is hot then it is closed.

gekko
11-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Mac
Follow the upper radiator hose. It attaches to the thermostat housing. Once the hose is off the housing there are 2 bolts to remove to get to the thermostat.

You mentioned that the bottom hose was cool to the touch. How about the upper hose. Is that cool also?

upper hose is HOT!! i will change my thermostat monday and see what happens ...